FastCGI request

riccardo...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2014, 7:03:59 AM2/14/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I'm developing a "geoapplication" with NodeJS (using TotalJS of course!) and Mapserver under Windows. I use NodeJS/TotalJS as the front-face webserver but when i want to pass a request to Mapserver, i have to pass it through another web server (using the "controller.pipe" method) that could run Mapserver as a FastCGI process.

My thoughts are:
1) It would be amazing that TotalJS could work with FastCGI processes! Like I could use "controller.pipe" method for example.
2) Is there any way to instantiate a fastcgi process with Node.JS itself? I have tried so many times the "child_process.spawn" method with no results.

Best regards.

Peter Širka

Feb 15, 2014, 6:53:52 PM2/15/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com, riccardo...@gmail.com
Hi Riccardo,
FastCGI is for me - BIG UNKNOWN. I think that is not problem create a module with FastCGI implementation, but I don't understand it. So if you create some example with FastCGI in total.js (use: some FastCGI module from GitHub) then I'll create a module for simplify work.

Many thanks :-)