AutoRestart my app

Hasan A Yousef

Feb 17, 2015, 2:53:55 PM2/17/15
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter.
This may not be specific to total.js framework, but general to node.js.

If for any reason the app stopped, due to illegal operation or something else, is there away to restart it, or I've to restart it manually using node index.js comand?

thanks

Peter Širka

Feb 17, 2015, 2:57:48 PM2/17/15
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hasan,
yes, it is needed to restart the application manually. I'll add it into the documentation, good point.

Thanks.

Hasan A Yousef

Feb 18, 2015, 7:43:52 AM2/18/15
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter,

I just found this about NGINX and PHP, I did not understand it as I just shifted to Zorin OS (Ubuntu base), but is same could be applicable for node, if yes, can you pls advise the equivalent code.

thanks

dko...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 1:45:10 PM8/26/15
to total.js - web framework for node.js
Hasan,

if you are on a Linux environment, you would use system services of some sort. Depending on your linux distro, you can pick. Common now is systemd, though Ubuntu prefers Upstart. You can use Upstart to restart the service automatically (using the respawn stanza).

Alternatively, you can put into place something like Monit to watch a process.