Handling Dynamic Views Like CakePHP Layout

Von Penaloza

Nov 4, 2014, 8:20:33 AM11/4/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
I am new to totalJs and right now i can't clearly understand how it handles dynamic views. I've done many projects in CakePHP. Cake has a default layout which handles the main layout of the app.

It looks like this.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title><?php echo $this->fetch('title'); ?></title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<!-- Include external files and scripts here (See HTML helper for more info.) -->
<?php
echo $this->fetch('meta');
echo $this->fetch('css');
echo $this->fetch('script');
?>
</head>

<!-- If you'd like some sort of menu to
show up on all of your views, include it here -->

<!-- Here's where I want my views to be displayed -->
<?php echo $this->fetch('content'); ?>

<!-- Add a footer to each displayed page -->

This layout will handle all the contents of the controllers method Add User view. See code below

Add Users
<input type='text' name='username' />
<input type='submit' value='submit'/>

The layout is now can be use by any method of any controller. I know that totalJs has a default layout but does it has a feature-like cakephp's layout?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my very bad english.

Peter Širka

Nov 4, 2014, 1:02:33 PM11/4/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Von,
yes, framework supports feature like cackephp.

_layout.html (you can create many layouts and you can change the layout like this @{layout('my-new-layout')})

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
    @{meta}

    <!-- Include external files and scripts here (See HTML helper for more info.) -->
    @{js('default.js')}
    @{css('default.css')}

        @{section('footer')}

Some view e.g. homepage.html (A below view replaces @{body} markup):

Add Users
<input type='text' name='username' />
<input type='submit' value='submit'/>

Bad english ---> I have a similar problem but I understand you :-)
Thanks.

If you need help, contact me or use Gitter (chat) or GitHub.
Thanks.

Von Penaloza

Nov 5, 2014, 1:58:37 AM11/5/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the replay peter...so if i create a user view in views/users/add.html does the content of add.html will be shown in @body part of the layout??

Peter Širka

Nov 5, 2014, 2:02:37 AM11/5/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but you must create a "user" controller because framework reads views like this:

view/CONTROLLER-NAME/VIEW-NAME.html

Only one exemption: "default" controller:
view/VIEW-NAME.html

Thanks.

Von Penaloza

Nov 5, 2014, 2:13:46 AM11/5/14
to tot...@googlegroups.com
Ok... thanks again peter.. I'm excited to work on this framework...