Yacadu Software

Richard

Jul 6, 2017, 9:04:53 AM7/6/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Just starting a new thread - it will be easier for me if bug reports etc are posted here
Thanks
Richard

Malcolm

Jul 6, 2017, 2:30:15 PM7/6/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Great little tool from my 1st attempts today. Well done.

A couple of enhancement requests:

- Can you add the fixture date into the default filename. If you do it in ISO 8601 format immediately after "Download-", then they'll sort by fixture order more easily.

- Can you make the combo box of fixtures resize with the window. Though you can make the window larger, you don't get any more fixtures to view, nor any more of the fixture string ...

//M

andrewj...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2017, 5:02:28 PM7/6/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Richard can you send me the link I can't read your email address mine is andrewjones115btinternet.com

Richard

Jul 7, 2017, 1:55:06 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer

Good thoughts Malcolm - I will put them into the next release. I rushed this one out to get the functionality correct and did the typical developer's thing of leaving the UI until last when I was getting bored!

We now have the facility to display live scores on Play-Cricket, although I can do this directly from TCS I'm not planning to release that software, what I can do is to add a  'live score' facility to this app so you can upload a match in progress at convenient breaks - drinks, fow etc., anyone have any interest in that?

Message has been deleted

Richard

Jul 7, 2017, 5:38:12 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer

Just a quick bit of info - you will all be aware that CricHQ for reasons only known to themselves removed the ability to add the (Play-Cricket ID) ECB id to any club/team/player in the TCS 9 interface. However, by importing the match from the Play-Cricket download the correct IDs are stored in the TCS database but in general will not update existing entries so you may end up with two players or two teams of the same name with only one having the correct P-C ident.

You may want to consider copying your 8 or 9 database and removing all data bar the match types, this will guarantee that you have the correct P-C ids in your database.

Version 1.0.1 is now available at the download link - nothing major but implements Malcolm's request for the window/listbox to resize correctly on the download page and the downloaded file is now prefixed with PC-yyyy-mm-dd-

I know that quite a few scorers are not aware of the location of the TCS database on the local file system and are happily backing up the default installed database in C:\Program Files (x86)\TCS 27\Total Cricket Scorer 9\Database

This is not the actual database that is in use by TCS - by default it is found at

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Total Cricket Scorer x\Database

Where x is the version number

The database is always called cricket_v1.mdb and this is the one you should be backing up.

If you have changed the default location of the database this can be found by going to the Data tab on TCS, clicking "Move Database" and the Folder picker will show the current location. It can also be found in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TCS 27 Limited\Total Cricket Scorer\total cricket scorer 9.0\Database

Richard

Richard

Jul 7, 2017, 6:39:03 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
I've just had an email from Graham Seal at the ECB saying that you can download XML from Play-Cricket from Tuesday, you kind of wish that they had shared this information in advance and saved some people a whole load of hassle.

Richard

Jul 7, 2017, 7:00:16 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
OK - an update on this - the download is the legacy XML that Play-Cricket used to produce, not sure what you can do with this. Does anyone know?

Gramar (Graham Riddy)

Jul 7, 2017, 7:03:10 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Great piece of software Richard, from what I can see with the three games I have downloaded from PC. I would be interested in Live Scores as I am getting grief from followers since I refused to pay for a license this year as the ECB/CricHQ fiasco was starting. Many thanks for your efforts.

Simon Franks

Jul 7, 2017, 8:56:54 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
So i can use the tool to download, but how do I enter the opposition team in PC before downloading.  I can do all the other bits, our team, umpires, ground etc, but can see no place to enter the opposition team/squad.  Can the tool not download the PC list of players in the XML like TCS v8 did?

Richard

Jul 7, 2017, 9:01:46 AM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer

On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 1:56:54 PM UTC+1, Simon Franks wrote:
So i can use the tool to download, but how do I enter the opposition team in PC before downloading.  I can do all the other bits, our team, umpires, ground etc, but can see no place to enter the opposition team/squad.  Can the tool not download the PC list of players in the XML like TCS v8 did?

The app uses the same P-C interface as PCS which assumes that all the players are in place in the P-C record before download. This obviously requires some discipline on your opponents' behalf. If this is a general requirement I'm happy to add the facility of being able to choose the oppo players from their P-C site database.
I doubt I will have that ready for tomorrow.

Richard

Malcolm

Jul 7, 2017, 5:03:59 PM7/7/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Given that the P-C interface still supports downloading of all players for a squad/club, I'd guess it's a case of formatting the API calls in the right way ...
... I for one would appreciate this functionality.

//M

AndyN

Jul 8, 2017, 2:51:51 AM7/8/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Hi Richard,

Many many thanks for the software.  I've downloaded and imported my match for today with no major problems.  As you suggested, existing registered players in my database came up with new ECB IDs, but with a bit of player merging I think I've got that all squared up now using the full player details from my database and the updated ECB IDs.

One problem I had was that after importing my match, my TCS live scores diagnostics stated I had no registered clubs for today's match.  After looking in my TCS database at my club record I found that the Region value had been changed to "UK" from "Wiltshire".  Changing the region value back to "Wiltshire" in my TCS database has fixed this with live scores diagnostics now reporting all is well.

Best regards,

Andy

Phil Bates

Jul 8, 2017, 4:50:44 AM7/8/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
I've seen this problem as well

Ian Thompson

Jul 8, 2017, 8:19:28 AM7/8/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
I'm unable to to link Yacuda with Play-Cricket from the Settings tab.
Message "Unable to login into play cricket" appears.
I know my login details are correct because I can login directly to Play-Cricket through my browser.
Any suggestions?

AndyN

Jul 9, 2017, 4:24:11 AM7/9/17
to Total Cricket Scorer

Hi Richard,

Match upload and download worked for me yesterday with no major problems.  I had a few minor issues as follows:

  • After uploading the result to Play Cricket the total overs bowled for each team in the summary data only contained whole overs bowled.  In my match the second innings finished on 34.5 overs but the Play-Cricket summary page only showed 34 overs.
  • The detailed Play-Cricket scorecard doesn’t show any sixes scored by the batsmen (fours are fine though).
  • The time of the match in the <fixturedate> field in the Yacadu download file is set to midnight instead of the match start time.
  • I normally run DLS in the background on TCS v9, but yesterday this wasn’t working during the second innings and also remaining overs and required run rate were 0 throughout.  I’m not sure what’s causing this but my initial investigations are that the Yacadu match file download contains a <DuckworthLewis> field with all zeros in the various entries.  Once I select calculate DLS on TCS v9 it reports it is using DLS v2011, not DLS 2016 v2.  I had a look at the match xml file and the DLS G50 value was set to 252 (not 235) and the <OversAtStart2ndInn> were set to 0 instead of 50.  Once I manually edited these two values to 235 and 50 respectively, DLS started working correctly and remaining overs were also showing the right value.  I’m not exactly sure what’s going on but maybe this information helps to identify the problem.

Thanks again for the software.

Best regards,

Andy

Pioneer

Jul 9, 2017, 4:49:34 AM7/9/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Andy,

In TCS v9 the G50 score is shown as 252 for some strange reason but oddly enough this doesn't affect the DLS calculations. Also, you'll notice that the G50 field is greyed out to prevent editing

Phil Bates

Jul 9, 2017, 5:28:15 AM7/9/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Seen the top 3 issues as stated below although I've just imported next weeks match and it shows the time as 13:30

Additional problem is that the match type gets changed from Cheshire Cricket League Division 4 to Division 4: League this created a new match type and the settings for overs etc had to be changed also had to edit remaining overs after first innings.  This may only be a problem the first time it's used.

AndyN

Jul 9, 2017, 8:58:40 AM7/9/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Regarding DLS, I've experimented further and I've found that the DLS version appears to be reporting as the 2011 version because the <DLSVersion> field in the downloaded match file is set to 0.  If it is set to 5 then the DLS version reported is correct i.e. 2016 v2.  As Pioneer says, the G50 value is irrelevant.  The only other very minor issue I have is that the 2nd innings overs value in the TCS Calculator window is set to 0 by default (even though I've updated the match type).  Once manually set back to 50 (or whatever your match requires) then DLS appears to calculate as normal.

Andy

Simon Franks

Jul 10, 2017, 5:42:52 AM7/10/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
No rush from me as I am still on V8 with all my XML's downloaded from April, but from next season I would like this to be included as I will not have the same option.  Hopefully things are sorted by then, but if they are not your tool will be invaluable and I will test it in more detail in the winter with some test games on my PC.

Again, many thanks for this.  Hopefully CricHQ don't remove the upload of XML from v9 which would really screw things up.

Simon

LEE MURRELL

Jul 10, 2017, 7:38:35 AM7/10/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Richard,

Would it be possible to get  a link to this software please?

lee

Richard

Jul 11, 2017, 5:13:07 AM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
I think it is important when performing the import step into TCS to select the match type from the TCS dialog. Play-Cricket sends very limited information regarding the competition/match regs etc so I just create a generic match type using the competition name as supplied by P-C

Richard

Phil Bates

Jul 11, 2017, 5:38:32 AM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
A word of warning!!  DON'T tinker with the live scores until the match has started, I couldn't resist seeing what all the various bits would do and managed to set our next game as Match in Progress in the results section so now we can't input our teams or do anything else with the match until the helpdesk resets it  :(

Richard

Jul 11, 2017, 7:05:59 AM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
And indeed if you try out PCS (or Yacadu) on a friendly match as a test, you can never reset the Match in Progress flag, nor can the P-C helpdesk, you have to delete the fixture and start again!

Gramar (Graham Riddy)

Jul 11, 2017, 7:06:20 AM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Richard, congratulations on great app. Version1.02 is loaded, up and running and all is honky dory. A wonderful tool for us scorers. Thank you.

AndyN

Jul 11, 2017, 9:35:49 AM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Richard, thanks for your hard work on this, it is very much appreciated, and thanks for the heads up on the Play Cricket live scores pitfalls.  I think I saw this once before early this season with a PCS user.  Maybe in a future version, as a preventative measure Yacadu could check to see if the match date and time is in the future and prevent the live score data being sent?

Andy

Richard

Jul 11, 2017, 10:55:57 AM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
I wonder if a few people would be kind enough to test v 1.0.2 on a dummy match created on their own club's P-C site. I would like to fix anything that crops up just in case it comes back and bites us on Saturday.

Due to the irritations of downloading and installing the software - not being signed is a real pain but signing certificates cost a lot of money, I'm thinking of making it web based, any views on this?

Richard

Simon Franks

Jul 11, 2017, 1:10:26 PM7/11/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Web based would be best idea as any updates are instantly taken by users.

Simon Franks

Jul 12, 2017, 5:56:32 AM7/12/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Just tested very quickly using TCS V8 and it worked fine.  Import and Export worked as expected and the results and scorecards were correctly uploaded.

Richard

Jul 22, 2017, 1:40:14 AM7/22/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
The web version of Yacadu is now available at

I am not going to support or develop the desktop version any further due to the difficulties of software distribution.
The web version has all the bug fixes and can do P-C Live Scores by setting the upload result type to match in progress - I would only do this if you are certain that all the Player IDs match correctly with P-C, I think there may be an issue if you have unmatched players since the upload process always queries the fixture in P-C to check for any changes in the teams (as per PCS).
Do not under any circumstance set the match result type to anything else apart from Match in Progress until the match has finished, in all probability you will lock the match.

Malcolm

Jul 27, 2017, 1:06:37 PM7/27/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Hi Richard,

Just to let you know that Yacadu doesn't seem to work if your P-C login contains "+" characters, even though they're valid to the left of the "@" ...

//M

Richard

Aug 9, 2017, 1:49:08 PM8/9/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
I've add DLS options to the download.

Gramar (Graham Riddy)

Aug 23, 2017, 6:22:23 AM8/23/17
to Total Cricket Scorer
Hi Richard

The yacadu website appears not to be working today. Apologies if someone else has already reported it.

Mary Tibbs

Apr 4, 2018, 6:38:12 AM4/4/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
Trying to get TCS V11 to work.  and have got to the point where I click DOWNLOAD on the Yacadu screen then nothing happens.  Can anyone help please?

devons...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 8:45:37 AM6/6/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
I have exactly the same problem. I get to Download Match & then nothing happens.

Richard Burden

Jun 6, 2018, 9:47:43 AM6/6/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
This is the procedure -

Sign in with your ECB (Play-Cricket) username and password and make sure that popup windows are not blocked in your browser.

2 Once logged in you will get a list of the sites for which your username is valid.

3 Select the download page, select the club, team and date range if you wish to narrow your search.

4 Click on the match you wish to download and any detail that is in Play-Cricket for the match will be displayed

Click on the download button

5 The download will start and your browser will ask for the disposition of the file (Internet Explorer)
The file will normally be saved in your Downloads directory

In Chrome

The file will normally be saved in your Downloads directory

devons...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 4:07:39 AM6/7/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
I do all that but when I click on Download Match nothing happens. I don't get any query re-where to save & it's not in Downloads when I try to Import Fixture there is nothing in Downloads.

Simon Franks

Jun 7, 2018, 5:16:56 AM6/7/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
What browser are you using?

devons...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 7:15:17 AM6/7/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
Google but I've also tried Internet Explorer with the same problem.

devons...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2018, 8:10:32 AM6/7/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
I've been on to my IT guy & he has sorted it. Although I was allowing pop ups the computer was blocking them! I have now successfully downloaded next Sunday's match.

Thank you for your help.

hilary whittenbury

Jun 12, 2018, 9:00:22 AM6/12/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
I an using V11 of TCS and need to upload to play cricket via your program.  I cannot find the file that I need to upload the score can you please help me?

Simon Franks

Jun 12, 2018, 9:32:40 AM6/12/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
Have you exported it first from TCS?  Click on Export Match, Save the file somewhere on your computer's hard disk, then use the upload match option on the Play-Cricket tab and follow Richards instructions to process it.

Mary Tibbs

Jun 15, 2018, 3:53:39 PM6/15/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
I am getting a Certificate Error on trying to download.  Cannot get tomorrow's game!

Malcolm

Jun 16, 2018, 5:51:26 PM6/16/18
to Total Cricket Scorer

On Friday, 15 June 2018 20:53:39 UTC+1, Mary Tibbs wrote:Richard,

Looks like your Let's Encrypt certificate hasn't auto-renewed:

May be worth giving the server a prod/

//Malcolm
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Message has been deleted

joncurtis199

Jun 19, 2018, 2:35:41 PM6/19/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
Is Yacadu not working for anyone else?  The teams are not coming up when I have selected the game

Richard Burden

Jun 19, 2018, 3:16:23 PM6/19/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
Hi everyone - the site should be back to normal. I have installed a new SSL certificate.

Richard

Richard Burden

Jun 20, 2018, 11:17:10 AM6/20/18
to Total Cricket Scorer
If the ECB SSO server is down (it is at present) then you will be unable to use Yacadu.

Richard

Message has been deleted

Craig Kell

Sep 16, 2019, 1:56:50 PM9/16/19
to Total Cricket Scorer
Did anyone have problems trying to download fixtures from Yacadu over the weekend?

Seems like there's an issue with it again this week.