Uploading TCS to new laptop problem

Stattovic

Mar 22, 2019, 2:22:13 PM3/22/19
to Total Cricket Scorer

With my old laptop dying on me I invested in a new laptop ahead of the new season ahead.

I uploaded from the tcs website and everything worked ujntil I clicked the tcs icon.

I then got the message x The code execution cannot proceed because mfc140.dll was not found.
Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I have attempted twice to reinstall allways receiing the same message.

I am not very technicall about these things, coujld someone please advise.

Many thanks.

Malcolm

Mar 23, 2019, 2:03:13 PM3/23/19
to Total Cricket Scorer
TCS needs the C++ 2015 redistributable, which should be available from Microsoft.com (don’t get it from elsewhere)
See https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

//M

mrfelinfoel

Mar 24, 2019, 3:57:57 PM3/24/19
to Total Cricket Scorer
Had a reply from CrickHQ - followed the instructions and I am up and running again.

Hi John,

To resolve this please download the following, and retry your download:  http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/3/F/93FCF1E7-E6A4-478B-96E7-D4B285925B00/vc_redist.x86.exe

Thanks

Subin Kallyat | CricHQ Support

mrfelinfoel

Mar 24, 2019, 4:01:34 PM3/24/19
to Total Cricket Scorer
Thank you Malcolm - I had the same problem as Vic and had already messaged CricHQ last Wednesday and they replied today.  Now up & running again

When I clicked on your link there was a choice of 2 files and I wasn't sure which one to click on.