[OT] Open Source/Open Hardwardware related companies and job opportunities in Taiwan

C. Meissa

Feb 15, 2013, 11:03:39 AM2/15/13
to tos...@googlegroups.com
你們好。
讀不起, 我不會說很好的中文。
英語:

I am a German physicist around 25 years of age and I will be going to Taiwan in May 2013.
From July 1st until 31st December I am looking for an internship in an
Open Source/Open Hardware related company in Taiwan.
This project is financed by a German computer company’s foundation.

I have good experience in coding and developing webapplications/database
as well as coding C/Fortran/php/python/bash/…

As a job and hobby I did lots of Debian/Linux hacking and
administration, crypto, computer simulations of physics and have
overseas working experience in a Singaporean software company.

I will also take intensive Chinese courses from March to July, so I’ll
hopefully be an intermediate Chinese speaker by then.
If you know some companies or have job offers yourself, please email me
for my resumee.

Thanks a lot for any help and please excuse the misuse of this mailing
list.
Next coffee will be on me next June meeting. ;-)

謝謝你們!
再見,
C.M.

pingooo

Feb 15, 2013, 1:29:25 PM2/15/13
to tos...@googlegroups.com
Hi C.M.,

For "open source/open hardware related", does the company you have in mind have to publish source codes in an OSI license, or using open source codes to build commercial products or services also count?

- pingooo

C.M.

--
您已訂閱「Google 網上論壇」的「TOSSUG」群組,因此我們特別傳送這封郵件通知您。
如要取消訂閱這個群組並停止接收來自這個群組的郵件,請傳送電子郵件到 tossug+un...@googlegroups.com

C. Meissa

Feb 16, 2013, 4:56:34 PM2/16/13
to tos...@googlegroups.com
Hey pingooo,

Thanks for your answer.

pingooo schrieb am 15.02.2013 19:29:25:
> For "open source/open hardware related", does the company you have in mind
> have to publish source codes in an OSI license, or using open source codes
> to build commercial products or services also count?

No, publishing is not necessary in my humble definition of “related”. :-)
Making use of it is totally fine.
After all, “open source related” discribes my skills in quite a proper way.
(“unixoid” if you like)

Is there anything that you could recommend?
Personal messages or gnupg are welcome if you don’t like to disclose
everything on this list.

Thanks again and 新年快樂 btw.
Best Regards,
Carsten