Flattr informs users that other companies provide anonymity services

Robin Monks

Dec 26, 2012, 2:57:49 PM12/26/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Many companies offer programs that help you visit websites anonymously. While Flattr will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these programmes are available.

Not sure how useful this data point is; but, it's the first time I came agree this in a Privacy Policy.

/Robin

Ian McGowan

Jul 25, 2013, 5:20:01 PM7/25/13
to to...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I don't think it's terribly useful. I think if they listed any specific programmes to help users anonymise their web usage, that would be different. That would be something worth mentioning to users for sure. It is nice that they at least acknowledge that some users will want an anonymous browsing experience, even if they don't direct you to specific ways to do that.