No trial by jury?

tite....@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2012, 8:52:05 PM11/22/12
to to...@googlegroups.com, a...@nipo.net
The Lorain National Bank, Lorain, Ohio, requires me to agree to waive my rights to trial by jury if I want to see my bank statement online. Can I give up an inalienable right?

Why not simply require that I give up my US citizenship?

Extract: "The parties ... waive any right they may have to a trial by jury .... This provision is a material inducement for the parties entering this Agreement."

Ref: https://www.4lnb.com/onlineBanking/disclosures.asp

https://www.4lnb.com/docs/Personal%20Online%20Banking%20and%20Bill%20Payment%20Service%20Agreement%20(revised%205-24-12).pdf

Regards,
Pipe Fitter
Vermilion, Ohio

P.S. Strikes me that the last sentence regarding "material inducement" is fraudulent (where's the "beef"?).

Philip L Marcus

Nov 23, 2012, 2:40:07 AM11/23/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
You have a right to trial by jury in certain criminal cases, not waivable, but
waivable in civil disputes. Go find another bank.

Phil Marcus

Date sent: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:52:05 -0800 (PST)
From: tite....@gmail.com
To: to...@googlegroups.com
Copies to: a...@nipo.net
Subject: [tosdr:1103] No trial by jury?
Send reply to: to...@googlegroups.com
> --
> www.tos-dr.info // www.twitter.com/tosdr // www.github.com/didnotread

Brian Erdelyi

Nov 23, 2012, 4:44:31 AM11/23/12
to to...@googlegroups.com, to...@googlegroups.com
If you're going to find another bank because if this term I suggest you let the bank know.

Otherwise, how can we expect business to improve their ToS?

Sent from my iPhone