Change in http://tos-dr.info/legal.html

mic...@michielbdejong.com

Nov 26, 2012, 3:54:54 AM11/26/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On 7 December (all day, GMT), we will be voting on this change of address:
https://github.com/didnotread/didnotread.org/commit/da75ff2315f369de13c4c4549069c8052c38267b#legal.html

Since the successful crowd-funding, tosdr now is a fully grown project that can stand on its own two feet, independent from the Unhosted project.

This also means we will no longer have any ties with Germany.

In the future, Hugo may create new ties with France, because of how their tax system works, but for now,
this project will be fully "online" and non-geographical.

If you have sent at least one email to this list prior to 7 November then you are entitled to vote.
Just wait until 7 December (I will send a reminder), and then reply to this thread saying "+1" or "-1".

If accepted, the change will be published and then become effective the next time we vote after that.

I hope that's all OK that way, if not, let me know and we'll do it differently. Hugo, can you post a copy of this message on the blog?

Cheers,
Michiel

Hugo Roy

Dec 1, 2012, 10:30:33 AM12/1/12
to to...@googlegroups.com, mic...@michielbdejong.com
Hello,

The way it is proposed, anyone could organise votes any time etc. I propose we have a threshold of approval before a vote is proposed. Something like a proposal for a vote must be supported by at least XX people subscribed on the group

Best,

Ian McGowan

Dec 1, 2012, 10:36:03 AM12/1/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
I think that's a good idea. Otherwise we run the risk of someone calling for a vote whenever they feel like it, which could get pretty chaotic.

--
www.tos-dr.info // www.twitter.com/tosdr // www.github.com/didnotread
---

Hugo Roy

Dec 5, 2012, 5:07:48 AM12/5/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
I would like to propose that we postpone the vote until we have a clear proposal. (So to avoid unnecessary changes, I vote against the current proposal.)

-1

Hugo Roy

Dec 6, 2012, 10:13:45 AM12/6/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Hi, for some reason, the poll's url has changed to
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tosdr/f9N8p-LljD0/discussion

Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Hugo Roy