Re: [tosdr:1005] [site suggestion] Identi.ca

Michiel de Jong

Oct 6, 2012, 5:04:31 AM10/6/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
thanks for reviewing this!

we already had the first point:

http://tos-dr.info/#identi-ca

we will process your other points as soon as we work through our
backlog a little bit.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Andy Kaplan-Myrth <an...@kaplan-myrth.ca> wrote:
> Identi.ca is a federated social network using StatusNet software. Their site
> TOS are based on the original WordPress TOS.
>
> Good:
> All content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence, so it's
> openly available to use.
> No name requirements
> You can delete your account
> Privacy policy states that private information (including your email
> address, phone number, and private messages) will not be shared with other
> users, business partners or the public.
>
> Bad:
> All content is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence, so it's
> openly available to use, including the service using your content.
>
> My own overall assessment is that it's a very fair TOS: while it allows the
> service to make use of user content, they can only do so on the same terms
> that anybody else can use the content. The Privacy Policy is solid as well.
>
> --
> www.tos-dr.info // www.twitter.com/tosdr // www.github.com/didnotread
> ---

Hugo Roy

Oct 6, 2012, 6:25:02 AM10/6/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Le samedi 06 octobre 2012 à 11:04 +0200, Michiel de Jong a écrit :

> we will process your other points as soon as we work through our
> backlog a little bit.

Each point should start as its own mailing-list thread so that we can
keep the discussion focused. Thank you.

--
Hugo Roy
French Coordinator, FSFE chat: hu...@jabber.fsfe.org