wot and privacyparrot

Michiel de Jong

Oct 22, 2012, 9:50:02 AM10/22/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
i just had a look at http://www.mywot.com/en/trustseal and tried
typing facebook.com, google.com, mail.ru, thepiratebay.se,
twitter.com, unhosted.org, tos-dr.info, wikipedia.org, scam.com into
it, and all those examples just showed 'trusted' as the result. when i
tried with 'tosdr.org' (one of our own aliases), it said 'sorry, the
community is not convinced'. so that doesn't seem to have a lot of
information other than that a site exists and has some traffic? i
think there's not much use then in incorporating that information.

on the other hand, this: http://privacyparrot.com/popular seems like a
useful source that we should add to our data points (while making
clear in the description that these data points come from
privacyparrot).

ciao,
Michiel

The Human Fish-Moth Spider

Nov 1, 2012, 9:15:11 AM11/1/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
*Finally* I have found someone who has picked up the same thing. This weird thing about WOT. Why are they now selling WOT-certified badges? It's the same as backhand-bribery in my opinion. It is worrying... are they still trustworthy? Maybe now, yes, but I feel that this is the beginning of the end for them