Nokia Account - How they share your data

André

Oct 10, 2012, 5:44:53 PM10/10/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
As of November 2010:

Under Do We Share Personal Data?
"We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below."

"Your consent and social sharing services"
Good point, only if you authorize they can send data for social sharing websites.

"Nokia companies and authorized third parties, We may share your personal data with other Nokia companies or authorized third parties who process personal data for Nokia for the purposes described in this Policy."
They only send for third parties that are needed for the service, like your phone plan provider.

"International transfers of personal data, Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services (...) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we take steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures."
Transactions that need data to be sent for regions with low level of protection or different laws for data protection have contracts between Nokia and other providers to keep your data with same policy stated by the Nokia terms.

"Mandatory disclosures, We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data"

"Mergers and Acquisitions, If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers."
They can't know what will happen with your data if they are sold.

--
André - An_dz