Grammarly will refund remaining subscription if you quit the service within 10 days of a ToS change

Robin Monks

Dec 10, 2012, 9:50:46 PM12/10/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Grammarly may from time to time update or revise this Agreement. If Grammarly updates or revises this Agreement, Grammarly will notify you either by email to your most recently provided email address, or by posting the updated or revised Terms of Service and End User License Agreement on the Site. Your use of the Site, Services and/or Software following any such update or revision constitutes your agreement to be bound by and comply with this Agreement as updated or revised. You can view the most current Terms of Service and End

User License Agreement at http://www.grammarly.com/terms. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement periodically.

If you cancel your subscription within 10 days following such notice by Grammarly in accordance with the two preceding paragraphs, then Grammarly will refund you a pro-rated portion of any pre-paid Fees for the affected Services applicable to the cancelled portion of the pre-paid subscription term, if any.

Ian McGowan

Dec 11, 2012, 11:32:04 AM12/11/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
This has been curated and will be on the website soon.

ak...@manukaumail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 8:52:47 PM3/27/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.

manasw...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2018, 1:42:55 PM4/7/18
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 06:22:47 UTC+5:30, ak...@manukaumail.com wrote:
> accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.

Hi,
Did you get the refund from them?
Even I have similar mistake like you. Please let me know if you have found any solutions. Thanks!

kazin...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 9:47:13 AM4/10/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
2018년 4월 8일 일요일 오전 2시 42분 55초 UTC+9, manasw...@gmail.com 님의 말:
Hi,

I had the same mistake, so I asked Grammarly support if I can get the refund or change subscription to the monthly plan and get refunds of the remainings.

For this request, they changed the subscription to the monthly plan and refunded $110($139.95 - $29.95).

I hope it helped.
Message has been deleted

thitr...@gmail.com

May 1, 2018, 1:12:56 AM5/1/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

Hi! I have the same mistake. I tried to change the subscription to the monthly plan, but they said the request will start on the day my current plan expired. Can you tell me how you did it since they refund the money for you?

kazin...@gmail.com

May 1, 2018, 1:38:41 AM5/1/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hi,

Go to Grammarly support, not the subscription menu.

In that menu, you can only change option of NEXT payment.

Hope it helped.

THI TRAN

May 1, 2018, 2:07:53 AM5/1/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
Hi! So where should I go next to change the request after I go to grammarly support?

--
[!!] Please see https://edit.tosdr.org -- this is where new contributions should be submitted and discussed

tosdr.org | twitter.com/tosdr | github.com/tosdr
---

kazin...@gmail.com

May 1, 2018, 3:23:22 AM5/1/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

legit...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2018, 11:47:06 PM6/15/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hello! I am also going to refund from Grammarly. Can I please ask if they respond quickly to your request? Or it took like days?

ᄂᄂ

Jun 15, 2018, 11:57:25 PM6/15/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
 Hi,
 Grammarly refunded it right after the cancellation, but since I used Master Card it took several days for me to be actually refunded.

2018년 6월 16일 (토) 오후 12:47, <legit...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
Hello! I am also going to refund from Grammarly. Can I please ask if they respond quickly to your request? Or it took like days?

--
[!!] Please see https://edit.tosdr.org -- this is where new contributions should be submitted and discussed

tosdr.org | twitter.com/tosdr | github.com/tosdr
---

ᄂᄂ

Jun 15, 2018, 11:58:16 PM6/15/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
 it took less than a day.

2018년 6월 16일 (토) 오후 12:57, ᄂᄂ <kazin...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Jayvee Delacruz

Jun 16, 2018, 12:55:03 AM6/16/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
So if I cancel my subscription, Grammarly will refund it right away? Or should I notify them first about the refund?

ᄂᄂ

Jun 16, 2018, 1:00:25 AM6/16/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
To get a refund, you should first contact them.

2018년 6월 16일 (토) 오후 1:55, Jayvee Delacruz <legit...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Jayvee Delacruz

Jun 16, 2018, 1:29:36 AM6/16/18
to to...@googlegroups.com

ᄂᄂ

Jun 16, 2018, 1:44:59 AM6/16/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
I think it's up there. Visit Grammarly Support.

2018년 6월 16일 (토) 오후 2:29, Jayvee Delacruz <legit...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

theresa...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2018, 11:30:32 AM7/7/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

I tried to cancel and was unable to do do.
You automatically took money on my credit card.
Hope can a person cancel>:

How do i get a refund.
I am 81 years of age and do not require Grammarly.

Please let me know - I need to know on an emergency basis.
theresa...@gmail.com

rus1990n...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2018, 2:56:05 AM7/12/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

อังคารที่ 11 ธันวาคม ค.ศ. 2012 9 นาฬิกา 50 นาที 46 วินาที

:
Gramma may from time to time update off

rut...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 12:52:37 PM9/1/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I by accident chose the full year plan instead of monthly plan. I immediately wrote grammarly and within 24 hours I heard back from their customer service. They promised me a refund , I have received it now.

pamelara...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2018, 1:08:32 PM9/17/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I need help. I chose by mistake the annual payment.j would want my money back. I was wondering how do I contact Grammarly and request for my money back..

ᄂᄂ

unraeve...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 11:33:50 AM11/5/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
hi i just wanna ask how long did grammarly reply to you? i have the same problem

josees...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2018, 8:06:57 PM11/5/18
On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 8:33:50 AM UTC-8, unraeve...@gmail.com wrote:
> hi i just wanna ask how long did grammarly reply to you? i have the same problem

Have they responded to you yet? I also have this problem, I canceled my subscription and sent a request in hopes for a refund of the $139 I spent unwillingly.

Lance Santos

Nov 14, 2018, 3:06:07 AM11/14/18
to to...@googlegroups.com
hey i had my refund already, to my paypal acocunt but paypal hasnt refunded it back to my debit card yet. i just contacted grammarly support

--
[!!] Please see https://edit.tosdr.org -- this is where new contributions should be submitted and discussed

tosdr.org | twitter.com/tosdr | github.com/tosdr
---

francesca...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2018, 9:07:54 AM12/12/18
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I payed for the one year grammarly offer, and this year I was charged £110.12 I did not subscribe for this. Can u kindly refund my money back as I have not subscribed for the continuation of the service
Message has been deleted

Jose Aguirre Jesus

Jan 26, 2019, 10:55:08 AM1/26/19
to to...@googlegroups.com
Go to the grammarly support site and ask for a refund. They’ll more than likely refund you the money.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 6:43 AM <g16...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am requesting my refund I did not realize that my 12 year old daughter did a yearly subscription until I got a notice from my bank two mins after it was done.  My daughter while doing her homework saw your ad pop up she thought it was a good idea.  I'm a single mother and this left me struggle to take care of my child.  Please please refund my request..it has been less than 24 hours of this transaction.

--
[!!] Please see https://edit.tosdr.org -- this is where new contributions should be submitted and discussed

tosdr.org | twitter.com/tosdr | github.com/tosdr
---

info.skyav...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2019, 9:26:57 AM2/4/19
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 9:50:46 PM UTC-5, Robin Monks wrote:
> Grammarly may from time to time update or revise this Agreement. If Grammarly updates or revises this Agreement, Grammarly will notify you either by email to your most recently provided email address, or by posting the updated or revised Terms of Service and End User License Agreement on the Site. Your use of the Site, Services and/or Software following any such update or revision constitutes your agreement to be bound by and comply with this Agreement as updated or revised. You can view the most current Terms of Service and End
>
> User License Agreement at http://www.grammarly.com/terms. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement periodically.
>
> If you cancel your subscription within 10 days following such notice by Grammarly in accordance with the two preceding paragraphs, then Grammarly will refund you a pro-rated portion of any pre-paid Fees for the affected Services applicable to the cancelled portion of the pre-paid subscription term, if any.

does anyone have a phone or email for Grammarly to get a refund? thank you all!!

melendezj...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2019, 7:44:01 PM3/23/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I also accidentally thought that I would pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
so please I'm just asking if I could pay $11.90 for only one month

melendezj...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2019, 7:57:49 PM3/23/19
On Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 5:44:01 PM UTC-6, melendezj...@gmail.com wrote:
> I also accidentally thought that I would pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> so please I'm just asking if I could pay $11.90 for only one month
I would like a refund please.

natahli...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2019, 6:30:39 AM4/6/19
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 3:50:46 PM UTC+13, Robin Monks wrote:
> Grammarly may from time to time update or revise this Agreement. If Grammarly updates or revises this Agreement, Grammarly will notify you either by email to your most recently provided email address, or by posting the updated or revised Terms of Service and End User License Agreement on the Site. Your use of the Site, Services and/or Software following any such update or revision constitutes your agreement to be bound by and comply with this Agreement as updated or revised. You can view the most current Terms of Service and End
>
> User License Agreement at http://www.grammarly.com/terms. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement periodically.
>
> If you cancel your subscription within 10 days following such notice by Grammarly in accordance with the two preceding paragraphs, then Grammarly will refund you a pro-rated portion of any pre-paid Fees for the affected Services applicable to the cancelled portion of the pre-paid subscription term, if any.

Hi Robin, am I able to get a refund for my cancelled subscription fee for grammarly

Natahlia Payne

Apr 6, 2019, 6:37:19 AM4/6/19
to Terms of Service, Didn't Read
Hi Robin, can I please have a refund of my money for the grammarly subscription.

--
[!!] Please see https://edit.tosdr.org -- this is where new contributions should be submitted and discussed

tosdr.org | twitter.com/tosdr | github.com/tosdr
---

tifah...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2019, 1:09:36 PM4/7/19
On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 8:52:47 PM UTC-4, ak...@manukaumail.com wrote:
> accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.

Hey did you ever get your refund back

eunic...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2019, 9:41:54 PM4/7/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

I have the same issue, however, I would like a refund because I dont want to use grammarly.

lucinda...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2019, 3:28:35 PM4/14/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hi Robin,

I am a college student who decided to get Grammarly just for a semester, but you just took an additional $60 from my account. I already canceled, but that money is a lot and I am trying to save right now. Please refund and revise your terms and conditions, it wrecking even students who do not have money.

zaina...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2019, 12:21:43 PM4/15/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

did they refund ur money ??

jasoneman...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2019, 11:08:10 PM4/16/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
hi i really need help i did the same as you where i bought the annual payment one could you please contact me as in how you got those 111 refunded PLEASE THIS IS URGENT. thank you. contact me at jasoneman...@gmail.com
Message has been deleted

jasoneman...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2019, 11:11:47 PM4/16/19
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 8:47:13 AM UTC-5, kazin...@gmail.com wrote:
> 2018년 4월 8일 일요일 오전 2시 42분 55초 UTC+9, manasw...@gmail.com 님의 말:
> > On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 06:22:47 UTC+5:30, ak...@manukaumail.com wrote:
> > > accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> > > so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.
> >
> > Hi,
> > Did you get the refund from them?
> > Even I have similar mistake like you. Please let me know if you have found any solutions. Thanks!
>
> Hi,
>
> I had the same mistake, so I asked Grammarly support if I can get the refund or change subscription to the monthly plan and get refunds of the remainings.
>
> For this request, they changed the subscription to the monthly plan and refunded $110($139.95 - $29.95).
>
> I hope it helped.

jennifer melendez

18laura...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2019, 8:37:07 AM4/28/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
so please I would just like to cancel my subscription all together and get my refund of $139.41.
My name is Laura Showers
Please call me back at 269-759-8725 if you have any questions or email me at
18laura...@gmail.com

sakshi...@gmail.com

May 10, 2019, 3:20:10 AM5/10/19
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 6:22:47 AM UTC+5:30, ak...@manukaumail.com wrote:
> accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.

Same thing just happened with me if they returned your money ??

Jameszu...@yahoo.com

May 14, 2019, 5:28:23 PM5/14/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Samething with me i thought i was only gonna pay 11.90 but charged me 139.

euri...@gmail.com

May 16, 2019, 12:10:14 PM5/16/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I thought the same. I sent a support request for refund. I'm not sure if i would get it in 24 hours or in days.

butter...@gmail.com

May 18, 2019, 1:01:06 PM5/18/19
On Saturday, 7 April 2018 14:42:55 UTC-3, manasw...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 06:22:47 UTC+5:30, ak...@manukaumail.com wrote:
> > accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> > so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.
>
> Hi,
> Did you get the refund from them?
> Even I have similar mistake like you. Please let me know if you have found any solutions. Thanks!

Hello,
wondering if this worked or if you got a refund. Same thing happened to me a few days ago and i've been trying to contact them anyway i can! any luck with you guys?

aboutri...@gmail.com

May 18, 2019, 10:54:52 PM5/18/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I thought the annual payment is for a month, not a year but when I saw my bank account, I found that I paid a full amount not a monthly amount. I did not know that I paid for the year. What I should do for this situation.

aboutri...@gmail.com

May 18, 2019, 11:15:34 PM5/18/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I meant to pay for the monthly subscription, not the yearly subscription.

jamya2...@gmail.com

May 21, 2019, 2:33:19 PM5/21/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 9:50:46 PM UTC-5, Robin Monks wrote:
> Grammarly may from time to time update or revise this Agreement. If Grammarly updates or revises this Agreement, Grammarly will notify you either by email to your most recently provided email address, or by posting the updated or revised Terms of Service and End User License Agreement on the Site. Your use of the Site, Services and/or Software following any such update or revision constitutes your agreement to be bound by and comply with this Agreement as updated or revised. You can view the most current Terms of Service and End
>
> User License Agreement at http://www.grammarly.com/terms. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service and End User License Agreement periodically.
>
> If you cancel your subscription within 10 days following such notice by Grammarly in accordance with the two preceding paragraphs, then Grammarly will refund you a pro-rated portion of any pre-paid Fees for the affected Services applicable to the cancelled portion of the pre-paid subscription term, if any.

I need my money back because they charged me 139.45 but I used it once and thought I was just paying 11.90

reyu...@gmail.com

May 29, 2019, 5:09:41 AM5/29/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hi, just wondering if you managed to resolve this issue? I also thought i’d be paying £11 for one month but got charged the annual fee and now all i want is my money back as I planned on using grammarly for only this month!!! Did they eventually give you your money back and switch your plan??

laura showers

ashok.r...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2019, 7:31:11 AM6/2/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 6:22:47 AM UTC+5:30, ak...@manukaumail.com wrote:
> accidentally thought that i will just pay $11.90 just a month not automatically every month which I've spent $139.41 on.if you know what I mean.
> so please i'm just asking if i could just pay $11.90 for just one month.

Same here bro, what did you do then?
Do they refund if subscription is canceled?

minc...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2019, 11:58:11 AM6/14/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I just did the same mistake today. I requested the customer support to refund. They acted in 5 minutes and I got refund. Thanks to them.

vara...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2019, 3:40:41 AM7/19/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I just did the same mistake with my moms card and I'm dead pls someone help me. I requested a refund to customer support a few minutes ago and i'm not sure if I got a refund yet or no.

ulisesg...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2019, 11:30:45 PM7/23/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 3:23:22 AM UTC-4, ᄂᄂ wrote:
Hi, please visit: https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#/payments-and-billing/i-have-another-question/

You can submit a request here.

can someone please send me how to get the refund made the same mistake you guys made

farahs...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2019, 10:10:46 AM8/4/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Same here I demand a refund

عبدالعزيز جداوي

gautampr...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2019, 1:39:16 AM8/10/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
If you can than please contact me

wza...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2019, 6:16:23 PM8/21/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I just did the same mistake three days ago. I clicked the annual plan by mistake. Then, I contacted Grammarly Support to get refund right away. I got my email replied within 24 hours (12 hours after I sent the email). Grammarly team stated that it would refund my money and I was asked to wait until up to next 10 days depending on my bank. I got refund two days later to my visa account. They are very helpful and nice. Just try to contact them.

vanla...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2019, 2:55:44 AM8/24/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I chose the 11.66/Month deal thinking it was monthly but instead I was charged 139.95. I have immediately canceled my subscription. I really thought it is being charged on a monthly basis, not all at once. I feel mislead. I contacted to them over 12 hours ago and they haven't replied me.

ashleyy...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2019, 2:56:27 AM8/29/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
How did you contact Grammarly? whats their contact email account? I want a refund too

estherm...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2019, 12:45:51 AM8/30/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
How did you get your refund did you call them or email them? I got my subsciption a couple hours ago and i'd like to cancelle it

zhre...@hotmail.com

Aug 31, 2019, 10:06:13 AM8/31/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hello Robin,
Can I please have a refund of my money for the Grammarly subscription?

santiagoa...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2019, 12:09:50 AM9/8/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hi robin! Same mistakes just like they’ll are. I just message them at the grammarly support. And also message grammarly at facebook. Should i cancel the subscription now?

gulzira.o...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2019, 12:53:18 PM9/8/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Today, I signed up for Grammarly Premuim thinking that it was for $11.66 monthly charges, but I was charged $139.95. I do not need Grammarly anymore, because I need my money back. It was unfair to withdraw more than I expect. I need a refund of my money. It's very urgent and very important for me. You have to respect your clients and be honest with each of them. It's too risky to demonstrate one price and withdraw another.

jerome.ma...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2019, 3:03:15 AM9/9/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
Hi Robin,

Say, If I used Grammarly for one hour after paying Annual Plan...will I still get a refund of my money within 10 days?

I don't want grammarly anymore. And 139.95 is far too much.

Jerome

killm...@yahoo.com

Sep 16, 2019, 3:22:11 AM9/16/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
I have been trying to contact support team. Sent over dozen emails but still no response. How did you get in touch with their team???

killm...@yahoo.com

Sep 16, 2019, 3:23:41 AM9/16/19
to Terms of Service; Didn't Read
How did you get in contact with support team? I've sent over dozen messages n e-mail on their support forum. So far hav