[good] List of services providing archives of their ToS

Hugo Roy

Jun 16, 2012, 11:46:07 AM6/16/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
If you find a service providing archives of their ToS; please reply to
this thread

Twitter
https://twitter.com/tos/previous

Google
http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/archive/ (looks incomplete)
--
Hugo Roy
French Coordinator, FSFE chat: hu...@jabber.fsfe.org

Pär Lannerö

Jun 18, 2012, 9:53:46 AM6/18/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
For older copies of the big sites' agreements, see:
http://www.tosback.org

If you can't find what you're looking for there, I guess you will be able to find a lot more inspiring historic TOS/PP literature over at
http://archive.org

But perhaps you wanted to know what sites actually provide this service themselves?

Hugo Roy

Jun 18, 2012, 10:08:53 AM6/18/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Le lundi 18 juin 2012 à 15:53 +0200, Pär Lannerö a écrit :
> But perhaps you wanted to know what sites actually provide this
> service
> themselves?

Yes. I want to create a new category for rating which would address
these issues:
* how's the user notified of changes
* is there a governance or a community process to deal with
changes
* does the site make best efforts to help the terms be readable
* is it localized?
* does it have headings, etc.

So basically, all things a bit "meta"-ToS in the ToS.

// about the archive.org, you'll notice that Facebook as a robots.txt
disallowing /, so archive.org is left out unfortunately. Also I
discovered that Facebook has a policy to deal with data automation etc.
(the link is in their robots.txt)
https://twitter.com/RoyHugo/status/213988176686096385