[bad] Trying to find terms. Google Maps for iPhone collects "anonymous location data" by default - but is it really "anonymous"?

Hugo Roy

Apr 15, 2013, 11:07:59 AM4/15/13
to to...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to find the Google Maps Terms of Service and Privacy
Policy referenced from the iOS application. Does anybody here have
an iPhone or something and can send the URL or the text here?

Thank you!

FYI an interesting article
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/12/google-maps-for-ios-may-violate-european-data-protection-law/?comments=1&start=40

This is one thing I have encountered many times. Some terms relate
to "anonymous" data, but what they describe is not really
anonymous -- because it can usually enable the service to track a
user, to identify someone or to identify a device.

Best,

--
Hugo Roy, Project Lead
Terms of Service; Didn't Read | www.tosdr.org