Monthly report from Hugo

Hugo Roy

Dec 3, 2012, 10:54:01 AM12/3/12
to tosdr
Hello everyone,

In order to meet the standards of transparency which are appropriate for
this project, here's my monthly report for my participation to ToS;DR.

* November 3rd: finances (we're investigating what's the best
formal or informal way to deal with the projects' finance since
the crowdfunding. We're basically looking in whether we should
set up a legal person with a French reg. association (loi 1901)
or if just non reg. association might work (also loi 1901).
We're also looking at what's the best way to deal with
contributors who get a remuneration for the work they do on the
project (what kind of contract, what kind of tax status, etc.)
and where would the money come from (we might get some help from
FDNN: a French fund managing financial aspects for associations
dealing with digital freedoms).
* 10th & 11th: talk at FSCONS, in Goteborg
* I've also started working on a new kind of way for people to
contribute to the project. See
https://github.com/didnotread/didnotread.org/issues?state=open
#46 47 48 and 49 and
https://github.com/didnotread/didnotread.org/tree/gh-pages/point
* 13th: I'm launching a sister-project for France with law
students at Sciences Po. So I have to work with the existing
associations and convince the university administration to
support the project, and also find motivated students to work on
it.
* 14th: working on the version 2 of the website, and writing a
report (see http://tos-dr.info/blog/ )
* 15th: working with Ian to explain how to make the data points
from the mailing list (researching the terms', analysing them,
comparing with topics from existing points, writing style for
the data, formatting etc)
* 16th: worked on several data points (don't remember which, but
this can be checkd on the changelog at
https://github.com/didnotread/didnotread.org/ )
* 17th: gave a talk at Paris' Ubuntu Party
* 19th: working on the website and the blog
* 20th: working on a new interface proposal (see
https://github.com/didnotread/didnotread.org/tree/gh-pages/point
)

Total Time logged: 26,7 hours
Advocacy and communication: ~6 hours
Tools Development: ~3 hours
+ Website version 2: ~5 hours
Governance (report, blog, transparency): ~6 hours
Data points: ~4 hours

For news from Ian: http://tos-dr.info/blog/first-news-from-ian.html
News from Jimm are coming soon ;)

About the perks from Indiegogo, Michiel and Jan will give you an update
soon.

Best,
Hugo
--