[Info] Amazon reviews copyright license

anyt...@michielbdejong.com

Mar 4, 2013, 11:38:29 PM3/4/13
to to...@googlegroups.com
"you grant Amazon a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable,
and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish,
translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such
content throughout the world in any media."
https://github.com/tosdr/tosback2/blob/265e49bf24a91076495ce1fddf279c4638421a66/crawl/amazon.com/Conditions%20of%20Use.txt#L85

should compare this to what other services do, but at first sight it
seems ok to me. it's good that it's nonexclusive, and in the next
sentence they say they may use your display name in connection to it, so
it seems they are really just saying they may reproduce the reviews you
post.

not sure if this royalty-free license would allow them to sell any
information you submit into your account to third parties, it seems to
be mostly about reviews.

Hugo Roy

May 22, 2013, 6:15:47 PM5/22/13
to anyt...@michielbdejong.com, to...@googlegroups.com
Le mar. 05/03/13, 13:08, anyt...@michielbdejong.com <anyt...@michielbdejong.com>:
Yes, I suppose this is for user reviews. I can't really see this
as relevant to how one uses Amazon. Should we mention it at all?
--
Hugo Roy, Project Lead
Terms of Service; Didn't Read | www.tosdr.org

Ian McGowan

Jun 27, 2013, 2:18:09 PM6/27/13
to to...@googlegroups.com, anyt...@michielbdejong.com
This clause is comparable to other services we already have on the website (500px, Facebook) but if this is just about user reviews, since Amazon isn't the kind of sharing website like the others, I don't really see a point in mentioning this.