Grammarly will make reasonable efforts to notify you of changes to its service

Robin Monks

Dec 10, 2012, 9:58:16 PM12/10/12
to to...@googlegroups.com
Grammarly reserves the right at any time to (I) change any information, specifications, features and/or functions of the Site, Services and/or Software, (II) suspend or discontinue any or all of the Services, including the availability of any feature, database, or content, and/or (III) impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict access to parts or all of the Services, in each case with or without prior notice and without any liability. Grammarly will use its commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of changes to the Services and/or Software that, in Grammarly’s reasonable opinion, have the effect of materially and adversely diminishing the functionality of the Services to which you have subscribed.

Hugo Roy

Apr 30, 2013, 10:19:46 AM4/30/13
to to...@googlegroups.com
Le lun. 10/12/12, 18:58, Robin Monks <devl...@gmail.com>:
> Grammarly reserves the right at any time to (I) change any information, specifications, features and/or functions of the Site, Services and/or Software, (II) suspend or discontinue any or all of the Services, including the availability of any feature, database, or content, and/or (III) impose limits on certain features and Services or restrict access to parts or all of the Services, in each case with or without prior notice and without any liability. Grammarly will use its commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of changes to the Services and/or Software that, in Grammarly’s reasonable opinion, have the effect of materially and adversely diminishing the functionality of the Services to which you have subscribed.

This one's a bit complex.

I distinguish different things:

- Grammarly modifies or stops providing a service or a feature
- Grammarly suspends availability of data or content
- Grammarly imposes new limits

In each case it may without notice, without liability.

Grammarly will use its “commercially reasonable efforts” to notify
you of changes that in their “reasonable opinion” materially or
adversely diminish functionality of the services.

So it's contradictory. But I've got to say it looks like it's not
very obligating to them.

--
Hugo Roy, Project Lead
Terms of Service; Didn't Read | www.tosdr.org