Building webpage forms using toscawidgets via some gui?

Lukasz Szybalski

May 17, 2017, 5:57:39 PM5/17/17
to ToscaWidgets-discuss
Hello,
I was wondering if there is any implementation where you would be able to create a page full of widgets, without coding or auto generate the code based from doing it in a UI.

Something similar to:
https://mozilla-services.github.io/react-jsonschema-form/

Also,
Any plans or need to integrate with React?

Thanks
Lucas

Paul Johnston

May 18, 2017, 5:09:52 AM5/18/17
to toscawidge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukasz,

There were once plans for exactly such a thing.

However, interest in ToscaWidgets has dwindled. It appears that having a heavy-duty JavaScript framework (like React or Angular) and a lightweight server-side is a better architecture.

Paul

Lukasz Szybalski

May 19, 2017, 12:32:40 AM5/19/17
to ToscaWidgets-discuss
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:09 AM, Paul Johnston <p...@pajhome.org.uk> wrote:
Hi Lukasz,

There were once plans for exactly such a thing.

However, interest in ToscaWidgets has dwindled. It appears that having a heavy-duty JavaScript framework (like React or Angular) and a lightweight server-side is a better architecture.

Paul

Thank you for a straight answer.
So currently the only "javascript" framework toscawidgets wraps around is jquery from what I see in a list?, correct?

Thank you
Lucas

Paul Johnston

May 19, 2017, 2:43:17 AM5/19/17
to toscawidge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So currently the only "javascript" framework toscawidgets wraps around is jquery from what I see in a list?, correct?

There is tw2.yui as well, although YUI itself is now deprecated.

We had tried to make tw2 framework-independent, although in hindsight that was probably a bad idea.

Paul