[BUG] Multiple Windows-Explorer Tabs: Tortoise ContextMenu ignores currently active tab, but refers to the first tab always

Elias Gerber

Feb 21, 2023, 3:36:56 AM2/21/23
to TortoiseSVN
On Windows 11, if I have multiple Tabs open in Windows-Explorer, the Tortoise ContextMenu seems to ignore the currently active tab, but always refers to the the content (working copy) of the first tab:

Reproduce:
Start Windows-Explorer and navigate to the the root-folder of Working Copy 'A', from SVN-Repo 'A'. The working Copy contains no changes.
Open a second Tab in this Windows-Explorer instance. Navigate to the root-folder of Working Copy 'B', from SVN-Repo 'B'. In that Working copy, modify a file. Now open the context Menu -> Tortoise SVN -> Commit.
There are no pending changes shown, and the top label of the dialog 'Commit to:' contains the URL of the working copy from the first Explorer-Tab.
This can be quite confusing ;)

I have the following Tortoise SVN version installed:

TortoiseSVN 1.14.5, Build 29465 - 64 Bit , 2022/09/24 08:31:31
ipv6 enabled
Subversion 1.14.2, -release
apr 1.6.5
apr-util 1.6.1
serf 1.3.9
OpenSSL 1.1.1n  15 Mar 2022
zlib 1.2.11
SQLite 3.36.0

Please let me know if you need more info.
Thanks&regards
Elias

Daniel Sahlberg

Feb 21, 2023, 2:53:17 PM2/21/23
to TortoiseSVN
I believe this issue was fixed in r29468 in October 2022. Obviously it isn't included in your build and unfortunately there has been no official release yet. You could try a nightly build [1], unfortunately these are not signed and thus don't work with the new context menu of Windows 11.

Kind regards,
Daniel

L KJ

Oct 11, 2023, 12:55:43 AM10/11/23
to TortoiseSVN
Hello,

Any plan for the official release date?
I still have this issue on the newest version(TortoiseSVN 1.14.5, Build29465)

Thanks.

Stefan

Oct 12, 2023, 4:34:42 PM10/12/23
to TortoiseSVN
On Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 6:55:43 AM UTC+2 L KJ wrote:
Hello,

Any plan for the official release date?
I still have this issue on the newest version(TortoiseSVN 1.14.5, Build29465)

I was hoping that svn would make a new release first.
But since that won't happen any time soon (or ever), I guess I'll have to make a new TSVN release without an svn release...

So I'll do a new release soon.

unless the svn devs decide to make an official release sometimes this century, then I'll wait.

Stefan

Johan Corveleyn

Oct 17, 2023, 9:49:10 AM10/17/23
to TortoiseSVN on behalf of Stefan
FYI: last Friday a thread was started on d...@subversion.apache.org to
start the ball rolling for a new release:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/ryxkbhp36lpwgot8qbfr3czf182o069q

Johan