Export file with version

Fabio Zaltron

Nov 22, 2021, 10:37:18 AM11/22/21
to TortoiseSVN
Hi guys, i need your support... is there a way to export all files from SVN and all version of this files to another offline storage? I would have to have all files and version created in the years by my company, stored off lines and i would need a method to do it... Thanks a lot

Pavel Lyalyakin

Nov 22, 2021, 12:10:21 PM11/22/21
to TortoiseSVN
Hello Fabio,

Use a Subversion server and run `svn checkout` or `svn export` (or corresponding TortoiseSVN commands) to receive necessary versions of data from a repository. You already have a version control repository and can request data from it. What else do you need?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 6:37 PM Fabio Zaltron tramite TortoiseSVN <torto...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi guys, i need your support... is there a way to export all files from SVN and all version of this files to another offline storage? I would have to have all files and version created in the years by my company, stored off lines and i would need a method to do it... Thanks a lot

With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin
VisualSVN Team

Stefan

Nov 22, 2021, 12:15:33 PM11/22/21
to TortoiseSVN
the svn command line tools provide everything you need.
have a look at
svnadmin dump
or the svnrdump command:

Fabio Zaltron

Nov 23, 2021, 4:15:51 AM11/23/21
to TortoiseSVN
Hi guys and thanks for replies. @Pavel: if i try with TortoiseSVN, form Windows, i'm not be able to download entire directory with version... i can download specific version of file, but not all "history" of all files (so, all files with their different version)
@Stefan: so if i'll do  "svnadmin dump /var/svn/repos > /mnt/mydir/full.dump" i'll have a file.dump with all my files and old versions?

Thanks

Stefan

Nov 23, 2021, 12:43:13 PM11/23/21
to TortoiseSVN
On Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 10:15:51 AM UTC+1 fabio....@gmail.com wrote:

@Stefan: so if i'll do  "svnadmin dump /var/svn/repos > /mnt/mydir/full.dump" i'll have a file.dump with all my files and old versions?

yes. And to recreate the repo, run
svnadmin create /var/svn/reposnew
svnadmin load /var/svn/reposnew < /mnd/mydir/full.dump