Visual Studio Integration with TortoiseSVN

Nolan Haslop

Jan 26, 2023, 6:31:36 PM1/26/23
to TortoiseSVN
Hello all,

There's already a fairly well laid out document to this: https://tortoisesvn.net/visualstudio.html

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, so I can save others some time.  I could not get the "Other Context Menus | Easy MDI Document Window" to populate for the life of me.  Tried different computers and different Visual Studio installations, but no luck.

Through a stack overflow article, I found you have to actually open a file and right click it before "Other Context Menus | Easy MDI Document Window" option even shows in the Context Menu radio button's options.

Could this be added to https://tortoisesvn.net/visualstudio.html?

Stack Overflow Link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10077987/visual-studio-2010-name-of-document-tab-context-menu

"Note, in Visual Studio 2010 to add a command to the right-click menu of a document’s tab, first you’ll need to right-click on a Visual Studio document tab to work around a Visual Studio bug. (Otherwise the Easy MDI Document Window context menu doesn’t show up in the Customize dialog.)"

Stefan

Jan 28, 2023, 5:23:22 AM1/28/23
to TortoiseSVN
Does this mean you're still using VS2010? Or is this necessary for newer VS versions as well?

Nolan Haslop

Jul 20, 2023, 8:38:58 AM7/20/23
to TortoiseSVN
Sorry for the delay in response.  I found it was necessary for newer versions as well at the time, up through Visual Studio Professional 2022.  Also duplicated on Visual Studio Community 2017.