Loss by accident, clean up unversioned files

Jose Gaspar

Jul 10, 2021, 7:52:36 AM7/10/21
to TortoiseSVN

Done, by accident, a clean up including unversioned files. TortoiseSVN indicates deleted unversioned files can be recovered from the recycle bin:

https://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-dug-rename.html

Could not find any of the deleted files in my recycle bin. The recycle bin has enough free space (49GB, lost content may be around 1GB). The files disappeared also from the scan of Recuva and EaseUS Data Recovery.

I have no idea what caused such an effective erasure of files. I did interrupt (canceled) the process as soon as I saw the unversioned files were being deleted. Did save one folder in about twenty. I believe the unrecoverable deletion may be related with using an NVME disk or with working on a substituted drive (using subst of a C: folder).

Ayyanar Raja

Jun 14, 2024, 6:21:19 AMJun 14
to TortoiseSVN
Anyone got update on this ? I got same issue today ??