Unable to unlock a "deleted" file

Xu Jolly

Aug 20, 2022, 1:22:51 PM8/20/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hi Friend,
Could you help to check if you have any ideas on my case, thanks a lot!

How to duplicate the issue:
1. lock the working copy by user A, delete a file and commit , including the deleted file.
2. Remove the working copy from owner A 's laptop permanently,
3. Now nobody can unlock the "deleted" file, so no others of the SVN user can add/edit the "deleted" file any more.

Actually it's a mistake to commit the "deleted" file before unlocking it.

What we tried, but didn't help to resolve the issue,
1. Clean up with "break lock", can't break a lock of the "deleted" file.
2. Get Lock with "steal lock", can't steal a lock of the "deleted" file.

BR
Jolly

Stefan

Aug 20, 2022, 1:27:14 PM8/20/22
to TortoiseSVN
open the repository browser, switch to the last revision the file still existed.
Then right-click on that file and select "Break lock" from the context menu