Roll back (Undo) revisions in the repository

Gee M

Jan 10, 2023, 1:39:00 PM1/10/23
to TortoiseSVN
I am trying to revert to an older version and following Tortoise guide, but the options mentioned on tortoise guide are not showing up on my tortoise SVN. I am attaching screenshots.

Also, just fyi, I did download the C++ package. But no luck!

Thanks in advance

Assembla_2.png
Assembla_1.png

Daniel Sahlberg

Jan 10, 2023, 1:56:52 PM1/10/23
to TortoiseSVN
How did you start "Show log"? I get the same menu as you have if I start "Show log" from the Repository Browser. If I start "Show log" from within a working copy, I have the highlighted options. This sort of makes sense since the revert goes into a working copy where you have to review and commit it.

In the picture below I've started two different logs, the headline of the windows shows if I've started it from the Repository Browser (the headline is and URL) or if I've started it from a working copy (the headline is a drive/path).

Kind regards,
Daniel

logs.png

Gee M

Jan 10, 2023, 2:07:02 PM1/10/23
to TortoiseSVN
I see. I am not familiar with Assembla at all, so I am struggling. I guess the local drive option is something i need to investigate. I am not able to find that at the moment. I am accessing via URL right now. Attaching a screenshot

Thanks for prompt response!

Assembla_3.png

Stefan

Jan 11, 2023, 10:23:26 AM1/11/23
to TortoiseSVN
you can not undo anything without a working copy. So you have to do a checkout locally first. Just using a web interface won't work.