Project Monitor - Red exclamation marks on some projects

Mandy

Jul 13, 2021, 3:24:56 AM7/13/21
to TortoiseSVN
Hi, i always get white exlamation marks on red background circle on some projects (showing errors !?).
The projects are all up to date and okay.
How can i check whats the problem? Is this a bug?

Mandy

Aug 18, 2021, 2:40:05 AM8/18/21
to TortoiseSVN
Any ideas?

lorenz

Aug 18, 2021, 6:50:08 AM8/18/21
to torto...@googlegroups.com
have a look at the "Icon Overlays" settings dialog.
--

Lorenz

Stefan

Aug 18, 2021, 1:20:21 PM8/18/21
to TortoiseSVN
hover over the icon, the tooltip will tell you that there was an error contacting the repository.

Manfred Auer

Aug 18, 2021, 3:24:30 PM8/18/21
to TortoiseSVN on behalf of Stefan
But there is no error contacting the repository. I can do all actions on this repository.
It seems to be a bug on project monitor.

Mandy

Stefan via TortoiseSVN <torto...@googlegroups.com> schrieb am Mi., 18. Aug. 2021, 19:20:
hover over the icon, the tooltip will tell you that there was an error contacting the repository.

Daniel Sahlberg

Aug 18, 2021, 3:44:59 PM8/18/21
to TortoiseSVN
Notice the difference between "was" (as in Stefan's response) and "is". I believe Project monitoring is displaying the "worst" status encountered, so if you at one time have had network problems then you will get the red exclaimation mark.  Try the Clear Errors toolbar button.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Manfred Auer

Aug 18, 2021, 4:35:34 PM8/18/21
to TortoiseSVN
I get the exclamation mark every time I requery in project monitor.
Every time I run any action in tortoise svn there are no errors.
I use a SVN-Server in the local network so there are no network problems!

lorenz

Aug 19, 2021, 1:57:07 AM8/19/21
to torto...@googlegroups.com
ah, scratch that. Didn't read the subject correctly.

PS: always a good idea to state valid facts not only in the subject
line
--

Lorenz

Chris Watson

Aug 19, 2021, 8:20:25 AM8/19/21
to TortoiseSVN
I see this behaviour too. I have twenty projects in Project Monitor, all pointing to repositories on a local network, eleven of them (the same eleven each time) will show the error icon overlay. Click on them and error icon is removed, and the log messages are displayed. Click on the Clear errors button, and the error icon is removed for all projects, click Check Now, or close and reopen the Project Monitor window, and the error icons come back.

Manfred Auer

Aug 20, 2021, 1:18:38 AM8/20/21
to TortoiseSVN on behalf of Chris Watson
Yes, that's correct. I have the same behaviour.

Manfred Auer

Aug 29, 2021, 6:32:07 AM8/29/21
to TortoiseSVN
Can anyone tell me where I can post this bug.
Thanks

Daniel Sahlberg

Dec 5, 2022, 3:55:48 PM12/5/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

I believe I've found this bug and fixed this in the current /trunk, you should be able to check a new nightly build in a few hours. (Note that the nightly builds don't support the Windows 11 context menu yet, for this you'd have to wait for a new release).

Project Monitor added the red exclaimation mark whenever it had problems accessing the repository. Even on local networks, there may be the occasional glitch. However it didn't clear the last error message after the next successful connection, it only did it the next time it found a new commit in that repository. This probably explains the report of someone having 20 project with 11 showing an error, most likely the other 9 had a commit after the last error message.

For more details, check the tortoise-dev group or the source code.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Leonardo Ferreira (레오)

May 16, 2024, 12:47:04 AMMay 16
to TortoiseSVN

I am trying to use the TortoiseSVN Project Monitor and I'm facing the same error posted here.
I have access to a repository, but not to the root. Maybe that is the problem?
Just to be clear, I'm sure my credentials are correct (login and password).
Thank you,

Leonardo.
Project Monitor.PNG