Distributing client-side hooks to multiple developers

Chris Bartkowski

Sep 8, 2022, 1:09:18 PM9/8/22
to TortoiseSVN
I have setup a couple client-side hooks. I'd like to be able to send these to other developers without them having to manually enter the hooks themselves. Is there a way 'import' just that info so that we can have some default hooks in our development environment?

It appears that there may be registry settings that have the values after updating TortoiseSVN (below), but trying to import .reg settings doesn't seem to impact anything or show up in TortoiseSVN itself.

[HKEY_USERS\{windows SID}\Software\TortoiseSVN]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TortoiseSVN]

Thanks,

lorenz

Sep 9, 2022, 2:08:49 AM9/9/22
to torto...@googlegroups.com
you can use tsvn:xxxhook properties on a folder, pointing to a hook
sript inside the workingcopy.

Pointing the propery to a location outside of the workingcopy or to a
different path in the repository is not allowed for security reasons.
For the discussion of this topic search this and the developer mailing
list archive for "client side hook"
--

Lorenz

Pavel Lyalyakin

Sep 9, 2022, 5:30:29 AM9/9/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hello,

The repository of the TortoiseSVN project has client-side hooks. They reside in the repository and you get them automatically when you check out the project (e.g, trunk). See the \contrib\hook-scripts\client-side\ directory and the property tsvn:checkcommithook.

With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin
VisualSVN Team