Overwriting of msvcp140.dll when installing

Iain Brown

Jun 24, 2024, 1:30:14 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to TortoiseSVN
Hi there,

We've got an issue where installing TortoiseSVN appears to be overwriting the currently installed version of msvcp140.dll in c:\windows\system32, even if the version already installed is newer. So I did have 14.40.33810.0 installed, but after installing tortoise I then had 14.38.33135.0 installed.

This is causing issues because of a change in the way the runtime handles mutexes, code built with latest visual studio will crash on a mutex if run with an old runtime.

Could the installer be changed in such a way that it only installs dll into c:\windows\system32 if they are newer than the versions already installed please?

cheers!

Iain

Iain Brown

Jun 24, 2024, 2:42:25 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to TortoiseSVN
Ignore this, it's a dupe of the issue that Jordan reported, slight miscommunication over who was going to report this.