TortoiseSVN not recognizing files on OneDrive

usmil...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 12:25:57 PM10/31/17
to TortoiseSVN
I have always kept my SVN files in a OneDrive folder, but after upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creator update, TortoiseSVN no longer recognizes the files as being part of the SVN folder. It appears that something happens after OneDrive processes the files so that TortoiseSVN doesn't recognize them anymore. If I pull a new working copy of my folder in OneDrive, TortoiseSVN works with it until OneDrive syncs that folder, and then it no longer works. So, this is definitely something happening as part of OneDrive's processing of the files. Working copies outside of OneDrive are fine.

Has anyone else seen this? I would've assumed there would be a lot of reports, but I have been watching the forum and not seen any.

Stefan

Nov 1, 2017, 2:54:43 AM11/1/17
to TortoiseSVN
The Falll Creators Update introduced a new Onedrive feature called "Files on demand". If that is active, the files are not really on your harddrive but get downloaded when needed. While you can see the 'files' in explorer, what you see there are just placeholders and not the real files.
https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/05/11/introducing-onedrive-files-on-demand-and-additional-features-making-it-easier-to-access-and-share-files

You have to deactivate this feature for your working copy folders. Because SVN needs all files to be physically there and not just the placeholders.

usmil...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2017, 8:24:57 PM11/11/17
to TortoiseSVN
Thanks, that was the problem!

jo...@johand.se

Mar 16, 2018, 12:15:19 PM3/16/18
to TortoiseSVN
I have the same problem. I have to completley disable files on demand. Just setting the folder where I have my files to always be available offline is not enough (all files stored locally). Unfortunately I want to use this feature on another folder. Could this problem be solved?

Stefan

Mar 17, 2018, 3:06:13 AM3/17/18
to TortoiseSVN

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5:15:19 PM UTC+1, Johan Djupmarker wrote:
I have the same problem. I have to completley disable files on demand. Just setting the folder where I have my files to always be available offline is not enough (all files stored locally). Unfortunately I want to use this feature on another folder. Could this problem be solved?

The problem can only be solved by Microsoft.

jo...@johand.se

Mar 18, 2018, 4:16:37 PM3/18/18
to TortoiseSVN
Den lördag 17 mars 2018 kl. 08:06:13 UTC+1 skrev Stefan:
> On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5:15:19 PM UTC+1, Johan Djupmarker wrote:I have the same problem. I have to completley disable files on demand. Just setting the folder where I have my files to always be available offline is not enough (all files stored locally). Unfortunately I want to use this feature on another folder. Could this problem be solved?
>
> The problem can only be solved by Microsoft.

Do you know the cause of this problem? All files are stored locally in this case, there must be a way to build a workaround?

Don´t know if this is relevant or not, but this sounds like a similar problem where they found a solution.

https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/27285