Access forbidden when seeing Log after updating to latest TortoiseSVN (1.14.7)

Leonardo Ferreira (레오)

Apr 25, 2024, 12:48:04 AMApr 25
to TortoiseSVN
After updating to (1.14.7) I can't see the logs of the latest commits even after deleting the authentication file and logging again.

If I downgrade to older SVN version I can see the logs again.

Any help would be appreciated.

error.PNG

Julio Maiques

Apr 25, 2024, 11:24:42 AMApr 25
to TortoiseSVN
Some problem ... Confirmed

Alonso Bahia

Apr 26, 2024, 11:05:54 AMApr 26
to TortoiseSVN
Same issue, but not on all SVN servers. Using svn.exe from TortoiseSVN installation  to get svn log  works.  TortoiseSVN can update from the repository, but can't access the log.

Daniel Sahlberg

Apr 26, 2024, 11:09:35 AMApr 26
to TortoiseSVN
I'm quite sure this is related to the fix for another issue ("Unable to show log of a deleted branch", see [1], code changed in r29682) and it only occur when you don't have R access to the repository root but only to a subfolder.

Workaround is probably to make sure you have R access to the repository root, but that may be undesirable.

I will try to think about a possible solution.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Leonardo Ferreira (레오)

Apr 26, 2024, 11:27:39 AMApr 26
to TortoiseSVN
Hi Daniel. The situation is exactly the one you said.

I have access only to a subfolder and not to the root. (Due to company security policies)

Since I'm new to this discussion group please let me know if there is some way I can help solving the issue.

Best wishes,

Leonardo

Alonso Bahia

Apr 29, 2024, 1:11:18 PMApr 29
to TortoiseSVN
Same for me, I have only access to subfolder in that particular repository.

Daniel Sahlberg

May 1, 2024, 1:56:44 PMMay 1
to TortoiseSVN
I think I have identified the root cause and I've committed a fix that seems to work for me. It will be available in the nightly builds from tomorrow and included in the next release.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Christian Hil

Jun 12, 2024, 12:40:20 AMJun 12
to TortoiseSVN
Hi Daniel,

I ran into this a couple of days ago. Thanks for the fix!

Looking at the release history, releases don't seem to have a fixed schedule. Is there an estimate on when the release containing the fix might be published?
I am pondering whether I should install nightly or wait for the next release.

Kind regards,
Christian

Pál Kovács

Jun 13, 2024, 6:49:39 AMJun 13
to TortoiseSVN
Hi All,

While the fix is released, turning off log caching may help as a workaround.

Desktop->Right click->TortoiseSVN->Settings->Log caching section->Uncheck 'Enable log caching'

Kind regards,
Pal