Why opening a dev tool when double klicking a file in SVN Update log dialog

Andreas Grob

Mar 19, 2021, 4:48:16 AM3/19/21
to TortoiseSVN

Hi,

For example, when I select a revision in the SVN Show Log dialog and then double-click a file, I get the TortoiseMerge dialog.
Why does an editor/dev tool open when I double click a file in the SVN Update dialog? Is this the way it is supposed to be? You could also display TortoiseMerge. Whether the old version then corresponds to the effective overwritten version or to the last committed version remains to be seen.

I'm running: TortoiseSVN 1.14.1, Build 29085 - 64 Bit , 2021/02/09 16:17:02

Cheers
~ Andreas

Stefan

Mar 20, 2021, 5:31:48 AM3/20/21
to TortoiseSVN
a double click will open TortoiseMerge if the file received changes due to a merge. Because then there's actually a diff between the local modification and BASE.
In all other cases, the default editor is opened. Because we'd have to fetch the "previous" file version from the repository - and that simply takes too much time for a double click handler.

Phil Seakins

Mar 20, 2021, 5:45:02 AM3/20/21
to TortoiseSVN
Your question is a little ambiguous but it is normal for TortoiseMerge (I use WinMerge) to be opened when you double click on a file in a commit dialog or log display. This brings up the "diff" option to show you the difference between the two versions of the file.
Open TortoiseSVN settings and you will find an entry for diff viewer.