run script after "Export"

Matt

Jan 27, 2010, 8:45:58 AM1/27/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi all,

is there any way I can run a script after a successful export via
TortoiseSVN?

The process would look like:

1. Right click repository
2. Click TortoiseSVN Export menu item
3. Export sucessfully completes
4. TortoiseSVN runs my script.

I guess I want a sort of client side hook. Problem is, is that it's
only possible to create hooks for start/pre/post-commit and start/pre/
post-update, whereas I need post-export.

Any ideas?

Brendan Flanagan

Jan 27, 2010, 8:54:06 AM1/27/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
> Matt says:
> is there any way I can run a script after a successful export via
> TortoiseSVN?
>
> The process would look like:
>
> 1. Right click repository
> 2. Click TortoiseSVN Export menu item
> 3. Export sucessfully completes
> 4. TortoiseSVN runs my script.
>
> I guess I want a sort of client side hook. Problem is, is that it's
> only possible to create hooks for start/pre/post-commit and start/pre/
> post-update, whereas I need post-export.

Matt,

You have explained the mechanics of what you want to achieve - but not the
"why" you want to do it? IF we can try and understand your requirement we
might be able to come up with other ways of achieving your goal (whatever
that is)?

Regards,

Bren

Hi all,

Any ideas?

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2
442411

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2442417

Matt

Jan 27, 2010, 9:54:17 AM1/27/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Ben,

Someone here is using svn & tortoiseSVN to manage a pure html
repository. All that's needed is to delete a bunch of directories that
are important to the development program (Web Expressions I think),
but not to a "release", which is a direct export of the repository.
I've solved the problem by writing a simple batch file that is also
committed to the repository and then after an export is run by the
user. Just thought there might be some way to have this batch file
automatically run locally after an export.

On Jan 27, 2:54 pm, Brendan Flanagan

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

> 442411

> [users-unsubscr...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org].
>
> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2442439

Simon Large

Jan 27, 2010, 9:58:33 AM1/27/10
2010/1/27 Matt <matt.m....@gmail.com>:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Someone here is using svn & tortoiseSVN to manage a pure html
> repository. All that's needed is to delete a bunch of directories that
> are important to the development program (Web Expressions I think),
> but not to a "release", which is a direct export of the repository.
> I've solved the problem by writing a simple batch file that is also
> committed to the repository and then after an export is run by the
> user. Just thought there might be some way to have this batch file
> automatically run locally after an export.

Client hook scripts only run on working copy operations, not
repository operations. It sounds like the easiest solution is to have
a batch file which runs the svn export (using the command line client)
and then does whatever else needs doing.

Simon

--
: ___
: oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2442441

Matt

Jan 27, 2010, 10:12:17 AM1/27/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
ahh ok. Thanks!
I take it this isn't going to turn into a feature in a future version?

On Jan 27, 3:58 pm, Simon Large <simon.tortoise...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> 2010/1/27 Matt <matt.m.jacob...@gmail.com>:

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2442444

Ron Wilson

Jan 27, 2010, 12:20:36 PM1/27/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I would suggest that your directory tree be organized to place your
website files in a subtree of their own, while development-only files
go in a separate subtree. That way, you would just export the website
subtree and not need to clean up after.

Of course, that assumes you can partition the files that way.

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2442478