SVN: externals with propset/propedit

sanket belsare

Jul 1, 2021, 6:02:04 AM7/1/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Hi,

I am creating one branch from the trunk through batch script using svn copy command. Trunk is having some externla link folders.

Now I just want to use SVN:externals command to link the branches folder. Could anyone suggest what will be the exact command to use.

I have tried with SVN propset command after copy but somehow getting an error.

svn propset svn:externals //https:/svn/trunk //https:/svn/branch

Thank you,
Sanket

Daniel Sahlberg

Jul 2, 2021, 3:09:10 PM7/2/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
This is probably a question better suited for TortoiseSVN Users or even us...@subversion.apache.org (see https://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists.html). The -dev list is primarily for questions related to development of TortoiseSVN.

It is a a bit unclear what your paths are but I was able to switch the svn:externals properties for a working copy pointing at  http://svn.osdn.net/svnroot/tortoisesvn/trunk/ext (ie, part of the TortoiseSVN code base) using:

svn propset svn:externals  "https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk Subversion" .

(Obviously my current working directory - "." in the command above - was the working copy folder).

Please note that the above command will break the build of TortoiseSVN since it contains more externals than just Subversion - it is just an example.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg