Build instructions outdated?

Stefan Sperling

Oct 17, 2023, 7:10:58 AM10/17/23
to tortois...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to build TortoiseSVN trunk by following the build instructions
at https://sourceforge.net/p/tortoisesvn/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/build.txt

I am stuck at this step during installation of dependencies:

- libxml2 python bindings(\b 2) http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/

The provided link no longer resolves. Where can I find an installation archive
of this dependency?

The file build.txt also recommends installing Python 2.6, which I could manage
to do by digging a bit. But since Python 2.6 is end-of-life, I wonder if using
a newer version would work?
Which version are TSVN developers currently using in practice? Still 2.6?

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan

Oct 20, 2023, 10:36:29 AM10/20/23
to TortoiseSVN-dev
On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 1:10:58 PM UTC+2 Stefan Sperling wrote:
I am trying to build TortoiseSVN trunk by following the build instructions
at https://sourceforge.net/p/tortoisesvn/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/build.txt

I am stuck at this step during installation of dependencies:

- libxml2 python bindings(\b 2) http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/

The provided link no longer resolves. Where can I find an installation archive
of this dependency?

that link is still listed as the windows port:
so currently I don't have a working url either...

The file build.txt also recommends installing Python 2.6, which I could manage
to do by digging a bit. But since Python 2.6 is end-of-life, I wonder if using
a newer version would work?
Which version are TSVN developers currently using in practice? Still 2.6?

I tried once to upgrade to a newer python version. I could make everything work with python3 with the exception of the xml2po.py file.
And since that is a crucial part of the doc translation, I reverted everything back to python2.6.

But I'm also considering dropping the translated docs and only leave the English docs alive. In that case we could update to python3.

Stefan

Stefan Sperling

Oct 31, 2023, 4:53:02 AM10/31/23
to tortois...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

No response in 2 weeks, so I am bumping this thread in case it
fell through the cracks.

Any hints as to how I can proceed to get the TSVN build working,
given the above?

Regards,
Stefan

Stefan Sperling

Oct 31, 2023, 5:11:36 AM10/31/23
to tortois...@googlegroups.com
In the list archives I see now that there was a response to my question.

This response never reached me by e-mail for some reason, even though
I believe I subscribed to the list. Anyway, sorry for the noise.