Windows Blue Screen after Commit from TortoiseSVN

Cristian Bernardi

Nov 9, 2020, 3:51:59 AM11/9/20
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Tortoise SVN v.1.14.0.28885, when I try to commit something (except little size of documents) Windows crashed and appears the blue screen:

Has anyone had the same problem?  Hope to get solution
Cristian

Stefan

Nov 9, 2020, 12:52:25 PM11/9/20
to TortoiseSVN-dev
there must be another problem on your computer.
The error code as far as I could read from your screenshot says "critical process died", which means a system critical process crashed, not TSVN. Also: a normal process like TSVN is can not cause a BSOD at all, ever! Only drivers and critical processes can do that.
Also, Windows is very stable in regards to BSODs, which means that the most likely reason for a BSOD is always faulty hardware. Since this happens when you try to commit bigger documents I would suspect the harddrive/SSD - so backup your data NOW and then run hardware check tools.