I've noticed that TortoiseSVN (trunk) displays "fetching text bases"
notifications incorrectly when working with a working copy that does not store
local copies of pristine contents. See incorrect-notifications.png in the
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open TortoiseSVN Checkout dialog box.
2. Uncheck the "Store pristine copies in working copy" checkbox.
3. Check out a working copy.
4. Delete any files using "TortoiseSVN > Delete".
5. Revert local changes using "TortoiseSVN > Revert".
This happens because TortoiseSVN builds with Subversion 1.15-dev, but does not
handle the new hydration notifications (svn_wc_notify_hydrating_start,
svn_wc_notify_hydrating_file, svn_wc_notify_hydrating_end) added in r1905955 .
svn.exe currently handles these notifications in the following way, where each
dot indicates one fetched file:
"Fetching text bases .........done."
I've attached a patch that adds handling of these notifications in a similar
manner (see fetching-text-bases.gif images in the attachments):
"Fetching text bases | N files"