This is a bugfix/maintenance release.
The changelog since version 1.5.0:
- CHG: The saslDIGESTMD5.dll has now encryption enabled. (Stefan)
- CHG: TortoiseProc allows now relative paths too. (Stefan)
- BUG: The installer always installed the feature "associate .patch files
with TortoiseUDiff", even if it was deselected during install.
- BUG: Bogus revision graph for WC paths that have not been changed
in the respective branch. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- BUG: Accessing repositories on UNC paths with file:// did not work if
the UNC path had spaces or special chars in it. (Stefan)
- BUG: If a bugtraq:logregex property was set, entering a log message could
take up all CPU and block the application for seconds. (Stefan)
- BUG: After removing a versioned directory and recreating a new unversioned
one in the same place with the same name, the overlays could still
be shown on that (now) unversioned folder. (Stefan)
- BUG: In interactive merge conflict resolution, the extension-based merge
tool was not used but always the default merge tool. (Stefan)
- BUG: The suggestion popup in the commit dialog could be shown on the
wrong monitor in multi-monitor setups. (Stefan)
- BUG: TortoisePlink did not authenticate correctly, which lead to
TortoiseSVN hanging when accessing svn+ssh:// repositories. (Stefan)
- BUG: TSVNCache could end up in an endless loop and use all CPU if a
copy was placed in a root path, e.g., C:\ (Jacques Lemire)
- BUG: Crash when closing multiple log dialogs at once. (Stefan)
- BUG: Crash when updating/merging which resulted in a conflict. (Stefan)
- BUG: Changing the font for TortoiseBlame in the settings dialog did
not work. (Stefan)
- BUG: Merging with "record only" did sometimes execute the merge for
real, not just recording it. (Stefan)
- BUG: A message returned from a post-commit hook script was not shown
in the progress dialog. (Stefan)
- BUG: webviewer: properties were added on files too. (Stefan)
- BUG: When renaming a folder in the repository browser tree view, the
folder which was selected was renamed instead of the one which
was right-clicked on. (Stefan)
- BUG: Hitting ENTER in the commit dialog only diffed the item which had
the selection mark, not all selected files. (Stefan)
- BUG: The repository browser could show bogus folders for file:// urls
pointing to an UNC path. (Stefan)
- BUG: The log cache would try to read bogus folders for file:// urls
pointing to an UNC path. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
- BUG: TortoiseMerge disregarded the background color setting for
modified lines and always uses the default. (Christian Walther)
- BUG: The TSVNCache thread count would increase for every folder that
got deleted. (Stefan)
- BUG: Crash when moving folders in the repository browser. (Stefan)
- BUG: Moving files to the "ignore-on-commit" changelist would leave them
checked for commit. (Stefan)
- BUG: TortoiseBlame didn't work if the merge paths had spaces. (Stefan)
- BUG: Running a merge only for testing with an empty revision range
did not set the range correctly. (Stefan)
- BUG: The merge info text was off by one revision. (Stefan)
- BUG: Pressing Enter in the log dialog would close the dialog, even if
the focus was in the filter edit box. (Stefan)
- BUG: the merge tool for a specific file extension was not used if
the file to merge had an svn:mime-type set. (Stefan)
- BUG: in the CfM dialog, both context menu entries "compare with BASE"
and "compare with working copy" did the same. (Stefan)
- BUG: GDI handle leak in the Vista context menu. (Stefan)
- BUG: Revision graph: Handle nested branches properly. (Stefan Fuhrmann)
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net
I installed 1.5.1 x64 over 1.5.0 x64 on Windows Server 2008 (UAC disabled).
After reboot, I have no Tortoise in the Explorer context menu. Also,
Tortoise cache process is not running (I have enabled it in 1.5.0).
But Tortoise 1.5.1 shows up in the list of installed programs (Control
After uninstall, reboot, install, reboot, it works.
Is this a bug in 1.5.x or is this normal, that you cannot install over
existing, with x64 versions?
Since I have no access to w2k8, I can't help finding the root
cause. My only advice would be a full "un-install / reboot /
install / reboot" cycle.
Another question: does TSVN32 show the same problem? Check
Start -> Programs -> TSVN -> Settings (32 bit). Does it work
and does the "Settings (64 bit)" menu entry work?
It seems the new installer doesn't install properly the first time round...
So, my question / suggestion is this: would it be possible for the 64-bit
installer to include both the 32 *and* 64 bit shell extensions? I don't see
that it would necessarily need to include both 32 and 64 bit versions of
TortoiseProc and the other supporting tools though.
I run Win2k8 x64 Enterprise Server for my workstation; I run TSVN x86 on
it (since I use an explorer replacement, xplorer2, which is 32 bit only).
I also need to go through a upgrade, reboot, see no context menus, run MSI
again (selecting "repair"), reboot cycle before TSVN works ok - this has
happened for me since 1.4. ... 6 I think.
I am using Vist Business 64 Bit.
After downgrading to 1.5.0 everything works fine again, so I will use
this until the next TSVN release.
Nick Gilbert schrieb:
We had the problem on several (Vista) machines, that we had to deinstall
TSVN 1.5.0 before installing TSVN 1.5.1. In all cases an entry in the
eventlog was created (see below). Tzhe issue is already mentioned in an
earlier post, I just want to bring it up again. Maybe it helps someone who's
facing the same problem as we did with the 1.5.1 version.
Eventlog: Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für "C:\Program
Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TSVNCache.exe". Die abhängige Assemblierung
8e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30411.0"" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe".