Small patches

Daniel Klima

Jan 1, 2011, 11:21:22 AM1/1/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hello.

I ran Cppcheck(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cppcheck/index.php?title=Main_Page) against trunk and fixed some performance problems. Not all as there seems to be still a lot of false positives.

Each patch file is against a single file and type of change. Not compiled nor tested,but changes seemed to be trivial.

Two resources.h had BOM looking like UTF-16 and were marked as application/octet-stream. I resaved them as BOM-less UTF-8 and removed property.

command-references-cppcheck.patch
contextmenu-suffix2prefix-cppcheck.patch
changeddlg-toif-remove-selfassigment.patch
resources-utf8-reencode.patch
resources-utf8-reencode-1.patch
setprogsadvdlg-suffix2prefix-cppcheck.patch
svn-references-cppcheck.patch
resource.h
resource.h

Daniel Klima

Jan 1, 2011, 12:17:08 PM1/1/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I am sorry,but it seems I missed one patch. (shows why at least compiling is usefull test.)

Header AFAIK needs to be patched as well.

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2695343

svn-header-reference.patch

Stefan Küng

Jan 2, 2011, 11:11:10 AM1/2/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 01.01.2011 17:21, Daniel Klima wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I ran
> Cppcheck(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cppcheck/index.php?title=Main_Page)
> against trunk and fixed some performance problems. Not all as there
> seems to be still a lot of false positives.
>
> Each patch file is against a single file and type of change. Not
> compiled nor tested,but changes seemed to be trivial.

I prefer one patch file with all the changes. Less work for you and for
me: for you to create it and for me to apply it.

> Two resources.h had BOM looking like UTF-16 and were marked as
> application/octet-stream. I resaved them as BOM-less UTF-8 and
> removed property.

VS2010 automatically converts the rc and resource.h files to UTF-16 when
necessary. Your patch changes the header files, but they would get
changed back to utf-16 with the next resource change automatically. So
let's just leave those files as they are.

Committed your patch with slight modifications in r20661.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2695472

Daniel Klima

Jan 2, 2011, 12:53:26 PM1/2/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
> On 01.01.2011 17:21, Daniel Klima wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I ran
> > Cppcheck(http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/cppcheck/index.php?title=Main_Page)
> > against trunk and fixed some performance problems. Not all as there
> > seems to be still a lot of false positives.
> >
> > Each patch file is against a single file and type of change. Not
> > compiled nor tested,but changes seemed to be trivial.
>
> I prefer one patch file with all the changes. Less work for you and for
> me: for you to create it and for me to apply it.

Noted for next patches.

> > Two resources.h had BOM looking like UTF-16 and were marked as
> > application/octet-stream. I resaved them as BOM-less UTF-8 and
> > removed property.
>
> VS2010 automatically converts the rc and resource.h files to UTF-16 when
> necessary. Your patch changes the header files, but they would get
> changed back to utf-16 with the next resource change automatically. So
> let's just leave those files as they are.
>
> Committed your patch with slight modifications in r20661.
>
> Stefan

Shows what I know about VS... understood.

Klimax

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2695490