build.txt

Daniel Sahlberg

Jun 3, 2023, 10:19:12 AM6/3/23
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Hi,

Since Visual Studio 2022 doesn't install on 32-bit operating systems[1], we could simplify build.txt by removing the section "build64cross Building 64 bit packages on win32 (cross-compile)".

Is this ok or am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Stefan

Jun 3, 2023, 11:20:53 AM6/3/23
to TortoiseSVN-dev
never realized that VS2022 is not available in a 32-bit version. I only read that it finally is available as x64 version.
So yes, that section can therefore be removed. But the 'cross' option when building is still necessary when building the ARM version.

Daniel Sahlberg

Jun 3, 2023, 12:11:11 PM6/3/23
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Thanks. r29576. I also added instructions for building the ARM 64 version in Win64. I'd love to test building natively on ARM but I don't have such a machine...

Daniel Sahlberg

Jun 3, 2023, 4:46:54 PM6/3/23
to TortoiseSVN-dev
I did a followup in r29578 to update the 'cross' option to only support ARM64. I hope I got it right. I suppose it would be possible to crosscompile for x86/x64 on ARM-VS, but I have no way of testing.