pegrev or pegrevision

Daniel Sahlberg

Jun 21, 2024, 2:34:30 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Hi,

I'm debugging a case where "Show changes" in TortoiseBlame doesn't work.

HEAD is r1880 and it turned out the file had been moved in r1236 and I was trying to look at changes from r585.

The command line was:

TortoiseProc.exe /command:diff  /path:"C:/temp/WC/newfile.txt" /startrev:584 /endrev:585 /pegrev:1880 /groupuuid:"91bec0112c82f8e0eae595dbfc9171f4"

This ended in an error "/svn/REPO/!svn/rvr/585/trunk/newfile.txt' path not found.

Checking the code in DiffCommand.cpp it looks for "pegrevision" and not "pegrev".

According to the documentation [1] "pegrevision" is supported for :diff and :showcompare. "pegrev" is not supported for any commands. However in the code, "pegrev" is supported for :log, :repobrowser, :blame and :revisiongraph.

I'd like to suggest to deprecate one of the two variations (there is already a precedence for deprecating options and providing fallback code in case the old version is used"). I'm proposing to deprecated "pegrevision" and replace it by "pegrev" because it is shorter and it is also similar to the "startrev" and "endrev" options already in use.

The documentation for :diff and :showcompare should of course be updated. I have also prepared to document the pegrev option for the other commands above.

(The other option is of course to keep the two variations in use and to change TortoiseBlame to use "/pegrevision" ).

Thoughts and comments?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Stefan

Jun 21, 2024, 3:22:02 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
I'm also in favor of deprecating /pegrevision and use /pegrev in all places.

Shall I do it or do you have it done already?

Daniel Sahlberg

Jun 21, 2024, 3:22:50 PM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to TortoiseSVN-dev on behalf of Stefan
I’m almost done already. Just need to do some tests.