Tortoise SVN misses to find conflict for file type *.SRW during Merge

Saravanan Chandrasekaran

Jun 10, 2021, 11:17:15 AM6/10/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Hello,
            We are using .SRW file type which is an window object in Powerbuilder application. For some reasons, TortoiseSVN is unable to find the conflict during merge process, doesn't prompt for conflict or identifies conflict resolution on this file type and hence it simply overrides the content from the source. But when I try the same file type using SVN merge command line tool, the conflict is prompted.  So below are my queries.

1. Is there a settings in Tortoise to run like the same SVN merge command line tool does?
2. I Hope Tortoise internally uses the SVN merge commands and not its own.
3. Does Tortoise bypass the conflict internally due to some file types & is there a place to configure to accept merge conflict based on file types or content type?

Appreciate the team inputs.

Many Thanks,
Saravanan

Stefan

Jul 13, 2021, 1:20:17 AM7/13/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:17:15 PM UTC+2 sarad...@googlemail.com wrote:
Hello,
            We are using .SRW file type which is an window object in Powerbuilder application. For some reasons, TortoiseSVN is unable to find the conflict during merge process, doesn't prompt for conflict or identifies conflict resolution on this file type and hence it simply overrides the content from the source. But when I try the same file type using SVN merge command line tool, the conflict is prompted.  So below are my queries.

file types have nothing to do with merging/conflicts/...

1. Is there a settings in Tortoise to run like the same SVN merge command line tool does?

TSVN does run a merge the same way as the command line client. But of course you see the many checkboxes in the merge dialog? Everyone of those causes to use one of the options for the command line merge to be used/set.

2. I Hope Tortoise internally uses the SVN merge commands and not its own.

of course.

3. Does Tortoise bypass the conflict internally due to some file types & is there a place to configure to accept merge conflict based on file types or content type?

No. There is no bypass at all.