Push/Pull keeps adding 'remotes/origin' to the branch name

Tony McBride

Nov 3, 2022, 1:11:57 PM11/3/22
to tortoisegit-users
Hi,

I created a new branch to push to a gitlab repo (lets say it's called feature/tony/new). I pushed it to the remote repo as 'feature/tony/new' and it shows up there as '/remotes/origin/feature/tony/new' which is fine.

When I try to push any updates using TortoiseGit it keeps changing my remote branch name to 'remotes/origin/features/tony/new'. If I forget to change it back then the remote repo ends up with a new branch with this crazy name:

'remotes/origin/remotes/origin/features/tony/new'

Is there any way to stop TortoiseGit prepending 'remotes/origin' to the name of the remote branch when you try to push or pull it?
Thanks!