Setting path to git.exe to an invariable destination

Simon Meier

May 11, 2022, 3:31:21 AM5/11/22
to tortoisegit-users
Hi guys,
we are using tortoisegit 2.11.0 and the PATH variable at windows is pointing to the standard installation path at c:\Program Fles\.....  Can't change this because of system rights!

Now, our git.exe to use is located on a network storage! So I changed the path to the git.exe in the options dialog to the network location.
Everything fine!

But from time to time the path suddenly changed to the standard git-installation path?

The problem occures if the network storage is not avaliable or the tortoise client ist started a little bit before the netword drive is connected!

So how can I set the path to git.exe to an invariable destination that tortoise will not change it automatically back if the source is not available?
Is there a parameter in the .gitconfig or somewhat?

Thanks for your help!

Greeting,
Simon

Sven Strickroth

May 11, 2022, 3:59:12 AM5/11/22
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I answered your question on StackOverflow:
<https://stackoverflow.com/a/72197398/3906760>

Best,
Sven