Help? local branches don't match remote branches after clone

Pete Klammer

Feb 11, 2020, 6:22:20 PM2/11/20
to tortoisegit-users
I recently cloned one of our repositories from GitHub and just today, as I was executing a "Switch/Checkout to this ..." noticed that my local branch references (green boxed names) don't agree with remote branches (tan boxed names). I'll try to insert screenshot to show what I mean:

BranchesGreenVsTan.JPG

And in Browse References I can see a bunch of Branch Name references that all point to origin/master:

BranchesLocalVsRemote.jpg

I see I can fix this if I Switch/Checkout to each one, with Create New Branch and Override Branch If Exists, but why should I have to do this?