Amend commit message in Show Log

Keith

Apr 19, 2012, 11:45:51 AM4/19/12
to tortoisegit-users
It would be very convenient to be able to edit the commit message in
Show Log.

( Especially as I usually do not notice until after other commits so
using the Git command line is less than convenient )

Am I missing something obvious?

Robert Pollak

Apr 20, 2012, 3:43:39 PM4/20/12
to Keith, tortoise...@googlegroups.com

jonathan...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2012, 5:13:01 AM9/29/12
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com, Keith
I think it would very useful especially if you dont have to commit.

rka...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2013, 11:46:40 AM2/2/13
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com, Keith, jonathan...@gmail.com
I concur - being able to amend an earlier commit message right there, without going through the rebase process, would be very useful.

ch3c...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2013, 8:15:31 AM2/11/13
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com, Keith, jonathan...@gmail.com, rka...@gmail.com
Please open an issue for further discussion of this enhancement request.

rka...@gmail.com於 2013年2月3日星期日UTC+8上午12時46分40秒寫道:

truc...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 11:13:20 AM2/13/17
to tortoisegit-users, k...@xtramax.co.uk
Did this ever get looked at?

Sven Strickroth

Feb 25, 2017, 5:09:58 PM2/25/17
to tortoise...@googlegroups.com, truc...@gmail.com
Hi,

a commit message is not just a meta-data like in Subversion or other
VCS. In Git the messages are part of the history which should not be
rewritten recklessly: It's a rebase operation and therefore this should
be done using the rebase dialog. - If it's the very last message, you
can easily amend the last commit for changing the message.
--
Best regards,
Sven Strickroth