Customizing git describe

Jenia Habinsky

Mar 9, 2022, 9:24:59 AM3/9/22
to tortoisegit-users
TortoiseGit settings has an option to display result of git describe command in the log (General > Dialog 1 > Show describe in log).

We use git describe command in our builds to generate SW version number and this option could have been very useful, however we add additional pattern matching switches to it in order to describe relatively only to specific tags. And thus commit description generated by TortoiseGit is no longer useful for us.

Is there a way to customize TortoiseGit's describe command?