TortoiseGit "Pull" dialog dropdown shows Remote Branches that no longer exist

Richard

Oct 26, 2015, 1:36:31 PM10/26/15
to tortoisegit-users

Using git version 1.9.5.msysgit.1        TortoiseGit  1.8.15.0

When I open the TortoiseGit "Pull" dialog, the "Remote Branch:"  dropdown list offers me branches that have long ago been deleted both on my local repository and on the remote repository.  But if I click on the  "..." icon,  in that dialog box the list of remote branches is exactly what I expect.  So no, this is not yet another "prune" issue.   In every other view of the repository, I see exactly the right list of local and remote branches I expect.

Is it possible to get rid of the nonexistent branches in the dropdown list?   After a year or two, that dropdown becomes almost unusable  -- populated with decoys.

Richard

Yue Lin Ho

Oct 26, 2015, 4:30:23 PM10/26/15
to tortoisegit-users, rrr....@gmail.com
Hi Richard:

Richard於 2015年10月27日星期二 UTC+8上午1時36分31秒寫道:

Using git version 1.9.5.msysgit.1        TortoiseGit  1.8.15.0

When I open the TortoiseGit "Pull" dialog, the "Remote Branch:"  dropdown list offers me branches that have long ago been deleted both on my local repository ...

Is it possible to get rid of the nonexistent branches in the dropdown list?

Use "Shift + Del" to delete them one by one.
(Not perfect way, but you could try.)

Yue Lin

rrr....@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 5:21:57 PM10/26/15
to tortoisegit-users, rrr....@gmail.com

On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 3:30:23 PM UTC-5, Yue Lin Ho wrote:
Hi Richard:

Use "Shift + Del" to delete them one by one.
(Not perfect way, but you could try.)

Yue Lin

That works!     You can move your mouse down to hover over an entry in the list and then hit shift-del  repeatedly, and delete all entries very easily and quickly.
The list will get repopulated with whatever you pull after that.     And you can always use the "..." button to see what branches are available for pulling, in the case where you have not yet pulled the branch you want.

Thank you for your help!
Richard

Yue Lin Ho

Oct 26, 2015, 8:58:21 PM10/26/15