lost entire stash

jeva...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2022, 6:37:58 PM12/23/22
to tortoisegit-users
Hello,
I accidentally deleted a stash ref in the Show Log dialog instead of through the stash dialog.
Now my entire stash is gone.
Before I break things further trying to recover it, does anyone know a safe way to do so?
The info I've found online so far is generally referring to regular commits, or recovering a popped stash.
Thanks

jeva...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2023, 4:04:22 PM1/3/23
to tortoisegit-users
After making a backup copy of my repo, I tried the suggestion from https://dev.to/meduzen/recover-a-lost-git-stash-in-two-steps-569.  I was able to find the last commit that I deleted wrongly, but unfortunately the step to restore still leaves me with an empty stash.

jeva...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2023, 12:32:43 AM1/4/23
to tortoisegit-users
I discovered that while `git stash list` returns nothing, `git log stash@{0}` does show a list of commits.