Announcement: TortoiseGit 1.8.11.0 released

Sven Strickroth

Aug 22, 2014, 11:52:03 AM8/22/14
to tortoisegi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we're pround to announce TortoiseGit 1.8.11.0 bugfix release.

We're sorry that this is needed such a short time after the last
release. However, 1.8.10.0 contained a regression which causes cloning,
fetching, pushing and pulling using interactive ssh.exe to fail. This
issue did not show up while using/testing the preview releases. Thus, it
would be really helpful if more people could help testing preview releases,
especially in non standard settings.
See http://download.tortoisegit.org/tgit/previews/ for download and hints
on how to enable the automatic update channel for previews.

We thank all bug reporters, testers and translators for their help!

You can download the release here: http://redir.tortoisegit.org/download

If possible please use the automatic update for updating (that's load balanced)!

Changes since 1.8.10.0 (release notes):
* Fixed issue #2257: Fetching & pushing using ssh.exe not working with TortoiseGit 1.8.10
* Fixed crashes while opening the revision graph in the x64 version on some AMD CPUs
* Fixed some other possible crashes when working with broken repositories or writing files failed
* TortoiseGitMerge did not show ribbon bar with Portuguese (Brazil) language pack loaded

--
Best regards,
Sven Strickroth

signature.asc