TortoiseGit 2.9 is on the way: Please help testing!

Sven Strickroth

Oct 3, 2019, 11:53:34 AM10/3/19
to tortoisegi...@googlegroups.com, tortoise...@googlegroups.com, tortois...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the next stable release of TortoiseGit is in the making, please help
testing our latest preview release! The planned release date is at the
end of October.

You can download our preview releases here:
https://download.tortoisegit.org/tgit/previews/

Please also consider helping our translation teams:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/tortoisegit/
Instructions: https://tortoisegit.org/translate

Changes since 2.8:
== Features ==
* Fixed issue #3355: Adding file name extension in the Export dialog
* Update Scintilla to 4.2.0
* Update libgit to 2.22.0 based on Git for Windows sources
* Update TortoiseGitPLink to PuTTY PLink 0.73 (security fix)
* Update PuTTY binaries to 0.72
* Allow to disable "Working Tree Changes" in log dialog (using advanced
settings)
* Update Hunspell to 1.7.0
* Fixed issue #3363: Add option to show unlabeled most recent common
ancestor between all branches in Revision Graph
In the View menu you can now toggle the display of branchings and
mergings.
(This also fixes issue #2110: The Revision Graph is invalid if first
commit does not contains the files)
* Fixed issue #3379: Super-project-pointer should show in revision
graph of submodule
* Fixed issue #3421: Option to show Log IDs instead of SHA-1 in
TortoiseGitBlame

== Bug Fixes ==
* Implement generic fix for "libgit2 returned the requested type does
not match the type in ODB"
* Fixed issue #3342: Windows Explorer context menu: TortoiseGit doesn't
recognize local Git working copy if "gitdir-redirection" is used
within same folder
* Fixed issue #3349: View patch missing color
* Fixed issue #3365: Ignore items by extension handles
files/directories with no extension poorly
* Fixed issue #3393: TortoiseGitIDiff crashes with a very small window
size
* Fixed issue #3397: Create Repository make a useless symlink on
Windows 10
* Fixed issue #3413: Putty Agent (pageant) unable to start when file
"C:\Program" exists
* Fixed issue #3429: Optimize progress output with multiple git
commands

--
Best regards,
Sven Strickroth